View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

Much of what I have read here sounds to my newbie ears, to be correct. You had 30 minutes to enter the dungeon after you requested it and had 90 minutes to complete it after you entered, also an additional 30 minutes to leave after the timer ran out.

There were 5 different dungeon themes with at least 8 distinct dungeons in each. --From my boxed copy.

I am puzzled a little bit by the descriptions above. If there are 5 themes with 10 dungeons, that is 50 different dungeons. With only a group of 6 to enter each dungeon that is only 300 players that would be able to enter an ldon dungeon at one time. Seems like that number is way to low, wouldn't you have lots of people standing around waiting on a dungeon to open up. Especially right after release. I don't think my server was one of the more heavily used servers, Luclin, but there were always that many standing around in POK. I don't have a clue how they did it, but I always thought that when I requested a dungeon, it choose a floorplan (based on theme), level (based on group level) and spawned a dungeon that only I or another member of my group could enter.

Note: After looking at my Titanium folder, (unpatched), there are 10 instances for each theme except for Deepest Guk, where there are 8. It may have changed since Titanium was released.

Hope this helps, probably created more confusion

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
Albert Einstein