View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 04:47 PM
Solx
Sarnak

Default Are these new Quests working in 4.4-DR1?

Are these new Quests working in 4.4-DR1?
I tried to create my own quest, and then I downloaded a bunch of quests from a thread here. And in neither case did they do anything. I even shut everything down and restarted world.exe and the zones. My equemu directory is: D:\EQEmu\EQEMu-0.4.3-Win32\quests\rivervale (Yes it is really 0.4.4-DR1). I placed the quests in D:\EQEmu\EQEMu-0.4.3-Win32\quests. Here is one quest I was testing the file is at: D:\EQEmu\EQEMu-0.4.3-Win32\quests\rivervale\11.qst, and the contents of the file are:
Code:
/*  Zone:rivervale  ID:11 -- Ace_Slighthand */
EVENT_SAY {
if($1- =~ "Hail"){
SAY("Hey. hey. hey!  Welcome to the Fool's Gold.  Don't bet more than you can afford to lose. pal!  You don't want to end up like ol' [Kevlin].")
}
}

/*END of FILE*/
I also verified npc 11 is Ace Slighthand in the npc_types database. I tried using the built in hail command (just the letter h when the npc is targeted), and I tried typing in Hail and hail, but no response at all.

I could show the text in the shell of world.exe and the zone server that loaded rivervale, but neither says anything about quests.

Could there be a different version of 4.4-DR1 that I should download that has the quests enabled?

Thanks for any help you can supply.