View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 05:20 PM
maghiz
Fire Beetle

Default Need help starting private server on my computer

I have a discrepancy between the heidesql table base_data (192kb) and the base_data file (102kb) in the shared file in eqemu file. when i run start_shared_memory it completes and closes, the last thing i see is "loading spells" but i don't see it load the base_data. In the shared file it remains at 102kb. when i run t_start_server_with_login_server i get to "[shared memory] [info] loading base data", then it gives me "windows cannot find 'perl'. make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

been at this for 2 days now and i think i'm close to getting it running, but my mind is scrambled and i'm at a loss at how to continue.

can anyone help or point me in the right direction to get this fixed?

windows 10
updated heidisql to 11.2
haven't got to connecting to anything yet.
using eqgame.exe patchme (but that hasn't come into play yet, as i haven't got my private server up and running? I can log onto servers if i change my eqhost login)
i believe i patched peq to most up to date files.
processor i7-8700k, 64g RAM, 1080ti, ethernet cable to router - wireless dsl?
not sure on db.ini, boot5zone, or world.exe files can't seem to find them, instructions for me to find would be appreciated.

try to explain like to a small child, i'm old and got a scrambled brain atm. thanks in advance.