View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 01:11 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Ya, that too does sound like a fun idea! Though, I would think it would need to be a bit more complex and scale up per level, but shouldn't be too hard to figure out a simple equation. I will see if I can write a rule or 2 for Player OOC regen. Maybe having 1 for the regen amount and another for level scaling. So, you could have it regen a level 1 character to full HPs in 15 seconds, but a level 70 character might take 1 minute or something if you wanted it to scale. Of course with an option to turn both off and use normal regen rates. That should be pretty easy code to write.
yeah we prabobly want low lev folks to have almost no down time , but high end people should invest into some potions anyway (too bad we don't have Food the way its done in EQ2. If you never played EQ2, there food/drink are not just for keeping your char fed, they actualy give you mana/hp reg Out of COmbat over time and stats (regen effect halted during combat). Which makes far more sence than eq1 food which gives stats when it sits in your bag and does nothing- which result in evertone buying SINGLE best food/drink they can find and then force feeding themselves with junk food. In EQ2 you get stats/effect from food AFTER you eat it. Would be nice if our food/drink could be made the same way. It will also encourage people to seek and consume best food they can find for faster OCC regen. Note however that in EQ2 you don't have meditation and essentialy you do not realy regenerate mana during combat unless you have effecst like Clarity or +mana regen items. WHich is good cuase ecounters based on a chalange of defeating a mob with LIMITED mana/hp rather than relaying on your mana reg bonus, but once combat is over you have almost no down time (with good food/drink))

In main time, the OOC regen for players could be soemthing like (5+Level) per tick as a base with a Rule seting this from 100% and up (setting it to 0% will effectivly turn it to off)