View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 08:44 AM
trevius
Developer

Good and bad news!

The code I wrote for player OOC HP and Mana regen does work, but it doesn't seem to actually check if you are engaged or not. So, the !IsEngaged check isn't working. If someone knows how to check that for players, then it should be able to be added and get this code working right away. It did compile just fine, but the way it is now, it will regen at the OOC rates whether you are engaged or not.

The good news is that AndMetal's code with my modifications works perfectly! Here is an example quest that I tested and that works exactly as intended:

Code:
#OOC Regen Test

sub EVENT_SAY {

if ($text=~ /Hail/i){
  quest::say("I can set the OOC regen rates to 0, 5, 10, or 20.  Just ask for the number and I will set it right now.");}

if ($text=~ /^0$/i ){
$npc->SetOOCRegen(0);
  quest::say("Setting OOC Regen to 0");}

if ($text=~ /5/i){
$npc->SetOOCRegen(5);
  quest::say("Setting OOC Regen to 5");}

if ($text=~ /10/i){
$npc->SetOOCRegen(10);
  quest::say("Setting OOC Regen to 10");}

if ($text=~ /20/i){
$npc->SetOOCRegen(20);
  quest::say("Setting OOC Regen to 20");}

}
Using this quest, I was able to set the regen rates in real time while the mob was out of combat. If it is set to 0, the NPC will regen at whatever normal amount it is set to from the npc_types table. If it is in combat, the OOC code will not effect it at all. Note that it won't set the OOC higher than a certain amount. I tried setting it to 50 and it was the same as setting it to 0, so there may be some kind of cap.

Last edited by trevius; 10-07-2008 at 04:51 PM..