View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 06:17 PM
trevius
Developer

Does anyone know how to do a check to see if a player has aggro on any NPC? The closest thing I can find is IsOnHateList(), but that looks to only work if you check it for a particular NPC. Basically, I just want to know if a player has any aggro at all, similar to the NPC IsEngaged() check. Or, would it be possible to make an IsEngaged() check for clients or maybe expand the command to work for either? It would also have to be able to know if they are in PVP combat or not. Maybe if they have PVP on, the OOC regen would be disabled or something.

Once this part gets figured out, I can finish the code, test it and add it to the SVN.

Here is the post with the current code I have for the OOC Regen for players:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...98&postcount=8

Note that I also made it so that it only does HP/Mana updates if the HPs/Mana are less than max HPs/Mana. I did test that and I don't see any weird issues with not sending them every tick if they are full. If anyone knows a reason why it should always send them, let me know. This is just another attempt to help reduce unneeded bandwidth utilization. It seems like there are many things being sent and overlapping that shouldn't be and they are generating much more traffic than we actually need to use to do everything flawlessly.

Last edited by trevius; 10-13-2008 at 12:03 PM..