View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 09:06 PM
MarcusD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedz View Post
EQMacEmu is the closest to classic as far as publicly available databases. We have altered the tables a bit from the EQEmu standard. But the data is there.
It will take a bit of work to get it compatible with any client other than the OSX and the specific PC client we use for PC.

But if your goal is to not use "Live" versions and are ok with not having a WoW cam view (ie chase camera) our code is also public. Using our codebase with the database is very close to any classic view with minimal work to get going in comparison.

I also made a nifty from scratch startup script for linux that is included in the source. It will take a base install Ubuntu 14.04 with nothing on it and install all that is needed plus a few helpful things. Then it sets up the server itself.

The only thing we don't have that you may be looking for is actual progression base in regards to item/era specific toggling as well as abilities/spells. That bit is not automated or easily set. Zones however are.
This sounds really good. what is your PC client? My personal goal is running a LAN server so I don't really care about EQEmu's hosting service. Is there a walkthrough for getting a local eqmacemu server set up for PC? Ubuntu 14 doesn't install correctly on my PC :/. I hate "progression". "progression is how soe ruined eq lol. I like keeping things the same,.