Thread: Say Links
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 07:28 PM
realityincarnate
Developer

Change anything you want, I just wasn't feeling especially creative when I tried to think of what to call it. Definitely give it some real testing; all I did was try with a couple of newbie items and one fake item id to make sure it wasn't crashing anything. I'm sure there's a more efficient way to handle the string as well, but I just wanted something that didn't take much work and wouldn't cause an overflow.

I played around with the say links a little bit more, also, and I was able to force a test string into the augments, lore, etc. variables, but clicking the item link no longer triggered any response from the server at all. The normal item links still worked fine, so I'm not sure if the client does some checking of it's own, or if I just broke something. In any case, I probably won't have much chance to take a look at it for a few days, but I'm cautiously optimistic for now.

And while we're talking about links, I have what's probably a really dumb question. How do you actually create a link to an item in game? I know I've done it before, but I can't for the life of me remember how.