View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 04:07 AM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, the armor tint for NPCs is already fully functional. On an updated server, you can just edit the new fields in the npc_types table for red, blue, and green and set them anywhere from 0 to 255 until you find the tint that you like. Also, you can use the new npc_types_tint table to create tints for individual slots and make entire sets that you can set easily on any NPC by changing the tint id in the npc_types table for any npc that is a player race.

I would still like to expand this even further to allow us to set different textures for each slot at some point. So, you could have a plate BP, and chain Legs, and leather bracers, etc. I would also like to have commands to be able to adjust these from in game in real-time so you can see the change right away and then save the look once you get it exactly how you want it. And to expand even further, I still want to have quest commands to do all of that as well via scripts. Also, I want to make quest commands for changing facial features and stuff too. Most of that wouldn't be too hard to code, but it would be quite a few commands and such to make, and I am working more on content than coding atm. But, that is all stuff I would like to work on at some point. I think once all of that is in, it will really finish off the appearance stuff for all of EQEmu to add full flexibility in every way possible.

For weapon graphics, you can use #wc <slot> <model number> to change the looks from in-game. If you just want to see all of the possibilities, GeorgeS already has a tool filled out with all of the images available on his site called something like the Weapon Model Encyclopedia. It includes all weapons and shields and a few other things as well.

The information you have on Velious Textures would be good stuff to put in our Wiki if you feel up to it. Hopefully, we can move to MediaWiki at some point and maybe Rogean will allow us to set it to let people upload pics. Then, it would be easy to make nice looking wiki pages with pics included that are all hosted on the server here.