View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 04:34 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Quote:
perl 5.8.8.820
This version of perl does not allow command line installations of the needed components like IO stringy and DBD-Mysql. When you open the Command line from your start menu and type in perl, it should bring up a Perl Interface with a Windows GUI. From this point you have to enable searchign for all packages and then in the text box in the top, type in the packages needed by the emulator. For more info my PDF guide as it points out everything.

You have to make sure that you select to search all packages though. If you do not choose to look at all packages, you will find one package easy, one will come up not exactly as it says it should be, and the other will be no where to be found.

RULES: None of the packages needed are preinstalled, and they WILL have the same name as what is reference in the wiki guide and in the PDF guide.

If you are having trouble witht that version, use this link to download a older versoin of Perl that has the command line interface for installing perl packages.

http://www.activestate.com/store/download_file.aspx?binGUID=5f03b75f-2bf0-4380-99b2-d55cff4bc233

To use this, install as normal, making sure to select adding to Windows PATH, and then open up the command prompt and type in perl. Once its up and your able to enter commands type

Code:
Install "Package Name"
Where Package name is the names of the three packages from the guide.

This may be completly useless post, but I have seen roughly four users have issues with perl becuase of the new GUI's stupid package managment feautres, but I still recommend using it as it works when used properly and it is a newer up-to-date version.