View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Uleat
Developer

That's one of the main differences between 'free' copyrighted material and open-source material. They can decide at any time how their code may be distributed, as you found out by the $750 cost for the 'professional' version.

As far as writing a guide, I can only say there is an immense amount information that you will need to research and understand to make a complete guide. I've considered it myself, but there is a lot that I can't test with my limited setup and I'm nowhere near being qualified to answer questions outside my domain.

I'm not trying to discourage you from this effort, rather the opposite. And since it's a wiki, the open-edit should allow people the ability to make changes or add to something if you're unsure about a certain situation.

I, too, was trying to stir up the hornet's nest abit with the perl issue. There's some contraindictions regarding which versions of perl and visual studio will compile, and the person working on that is quite knowledgeable. I just don't want to be the one pushing buttons

If you're still having issues with compiling binaries or configuration, don't give up. This is a very helpful community! (The only stories that I've heard of people not getting their server up and running are those where the person gave up...)

U

Compilin' Dirty