View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 07:23 AM
Rodnoldo
Fire Beetle

Thanks, folks (Ulead, ChaosSlayerZ, Huppy), for responding to my inquiry.

Although good and interesting information about the spells_new table and spells_us.txt files and required synchronization, I did not pursue that course. As I mentioned, I have 2 servers and users of 1 cast spells normally. Users of the other all fizzled. Same clients... therefore, the client-side spells_us.txt with DB table did not seem relevant.

While trying to resolve the issue with port 9001, I also mentioned, I had installed and reinstalled the server to see if I could get zones.exe to run. So, I had 2-3 different EQServer install folders. For that port 9001 one I changed the port to 9002 and all is good... except the spells all fizzle.

I went back to a few of the other EQServer installs I had created and used the same database, made a few changes in json to match (including the port 9002). When I start the server, all zones.exe start normally. When I log in, my character is able to cast spells again. No abnormal fizzles.

I cannot clearly state what aspect of my EQServer install was flakey and caused the "every spell fizzles" issue for player characters. But I think a fresh install of EQServer seems to have been the resolution.

Thanks, again. I'll chalk this up to another server mystery.

If I run into any other issues with that same fizzle issue, I'll post here again.