View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonsdg View Post
If you change the modifiers in the exp code you will need a way to let the client/server know something changed or you will encounter one of the problems I did where a newly created character kills a level 1 npc and gains 100+ levels or a level 85 character dies then loses 7 levels instead of 10-15% of the current level.

I had been wanting to do something similar to what Secrets proposed but I simply do not have the needed skill to implement it.
The server is the only thing that needs to know the full exp data; the client is quite stupid and only displays a number between 1-100. I don't even think the rezexp stored on the corpse is used, though I could be wrong.

Quote:
yeah thats why I am trying hard to get KLS attention to make this fix official
PEQ doesn't have this issue, therefore it'll never be 'official' until PEQ runs into this issue. Simple fix would be changing the data value to a float for now. If that's too much to ask, well, can't help you really.

However, I can tell you this: SVN checkout + svn update after modifications using tortoisesvn in windows is pretty easy. If you are using another SVN, use tortoisesvn's export function and check out the eqemu revision you stopped on. After that, paste your files into the eqemu folder you checked out. SVN update, resolve the conflicts (as long as you didn't change any major systems, this shouldn't be an issue. Or systems that get changed rarely IE exp.) and compile. Problem solved.