View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 11:31 AM
iraxion
Fire Beetle

I can't help with the actual issue (I guess the zone crashes for some reason or other when you begin your raid for real). But I had this
Quote:
I ran server_status.sh and it returned with:

Akka's Linux Server Launcher
World: UP Zones: (1093/30) UCS: UP Queryserv: UP
happen on my machine here as well. Whenever a zone crashed, the number of "zone" processes shot up (and after a while they would consume all available memory). I think I have found the culprit. To get rid of that you might try the following patch

Code:
*** common/crash.cpp.orig       Thu Dec 31 19:27:00 2020
--- common/crash.cpp    Mon Jan 11 16:28:22 2021
*** 135,140 ****
--- 135,145 ----
        name_buf[readlink("/proc/self/exe", name_buf, 511)] = 0;
        int child_pid = fork();
        if (!child_pid) {
+               signal(SIGABRT, SIG_DFL);
+               signal(SIGFPE, SIG_DFL);
+               signal(SIGFPE, SIG_DFL);
+               signal(SIGSEGV, SIG_DFL);
+
                int fd = open(temp_output_file.c_str(), O_RDWR | O_CREAT, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR);

dup2(fd, 1); // redirect output to stderr
and recompile.

If you would like to have stack traces for crashes in the log files, I recommend making sure that "sudo gdb" actually works, without asking for a password, for the user running eqemu.

(I've been lurking here for quite a while now... just running a small family-type server myself, mostly vanilla eqemu+peq with very few customizations. Question from my side: how do I contribute bugfixes to the code, or to peq data, if I have any (like the above)? Just post on the forums? I tried to find a "how to submit bugfix" on the forums and on the wiki but didn't find any... well maybe I didn't look closely enough. If there is such a thing please just point me there. TIA!)