View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 06:48 AM
Midgett
Fire Beetle

Quote:
As for the appearance issue from illusions on SoF; unfortunately, nothing can be done about that. The issue is that they must have been in the process of changing the illusion packet structure when they released the SoF retail disks, and some bugs were caused by their changes that weren't resolved until later. The main issue is that hair for any player race other than Humans only shows up as 1 default hair style instead of the style it is set to. Even when you remove an illusion or use #race 0, it sets your race back by sending another illusion packet, which is why the hair issue is still seen. This is a client issue/bug, and cannot be fixed. This is not an issue on the SoD client, so they must have fixed it sometime between SoF and SoD. Just one of the many reasons to upgrade from SoF to SoD, not to mention that SoD is much more stable than SoF and even Titanium.
Thx for taking a look at this Trevius. At least the illusion bug is confirmed.

Did that second bug description make any sense? Were you able to duplicate it?

As for SoD, I am reading great things about it on the forums. I paid $20 for my SoF disc set last summer at Game Stop, and already it's becoming obsolete --LOL!
But, that's a GREAT thing! That means the project has really been flying.