View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 01:54 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsta69 View Post
so basically what your saying is, for this to work, I have to go through every zone and place my level up script in each player.pl? that'll completely defeat the purpose of what i'm tryin to do. i'm tryin to make something similar to the achievement styles of wow. including leveling, mob slaying, and several other things, which requires the use of quest globals and things such as this. if I have to put my scripts into each and every zone player.pl, that'll be WAY to much work. is there any way of changing the source to read from both? or what is stopping it from using both scripts?
No, as long as there isn't already a file named player.pl in your zone folders, they will use the one put in the templates folder. But, again, I think you may need to restart the server for changes to the quest files in the template folder to take effect. You might want to do a search in your quest folder for any files named player.pl to see if there are any in certain zones you might want to use your system in. If so, you either need to remove them, or add your script pieces to the existing files there.