View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 11:41 PM
TillNick
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQEmpires View Post
I don't recommend making it spell ID 45000 and if you are on Titanium the Spell ID is the issue with your "Description not set" thing. They are right that for Titanium the max is 9999/10k.

Now on RoF2 I think it is exactly 45k where spells past that level will bug your whole spell file and will erase spell effects and have a few other weird side effects. (You can go up to 50k but its not recommended going past 44999).

In order to change the description of the spell you need to find it's 'descnum' this is a field in your spells_us table in your database.

That number corresponds to an entry in your dbstr_us.txt (in your root EQ folder) and will have a ^6 after it (6 are for spell descriptions). You will need to fix the description in there (or assign it to a new ID) and distribute that file to anyone playing on your server.

You can check what all the data means in dbstr_us.txt here.

Hope this helps as it seems like a lot of people are misunderstanding your question. Or maybe I am?
Already ahead of you I am not using Ti. I am using RoF2. And I have edited the dbstr_us.txt file. It doesnt help.

I have tried using the spell 44999 - Same result

There are also a huge number of spells above 45000 I can get my GM to use an item to mem into spell book and use without issue so I dont think its a spell count thats the problem.

Item 117622 is a Scroll: Spiritual Swell. It has a spell scrolleffect:49199

There are hundreds more.

Actually I think I was wrong here ....... Happens .... Those spells are missing info and have an issue with Lvl 255 being required.
Is it possible that the dbstr_us.txt has a 50000 cap on it also?

I do know with my testing it has something to do with the Spell and NOT the item.
I can change the spell the item links to under "Desc Num:" and the item works as intended.

It has something to do with spells_us.txt (which I have edited many times)
or it has something to do with numbers in the DB. However I have literally manually copied over each value and the problem is still there.

I am sure there is something I am missing as the item references the spell Via ID by putting a 0 in front of it. So spell 666 comes out to id 0666