View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Richardo
Banned

Yeah well Quake 3 importer is actually for zones not endorsed by Quake 3. Don't start importing official Q3 Maps. I don't plan to post that tutorial actually Sak so don't worry. It's only for those who ask for it outside of eqemu. Last thing eqemu needs is to be in the firing range of Blizzard.

Honestly, the only reason I invite people to view wow models honestly is so they can use the ideas from Warcraft for their own. Export the model, take a look at it and use it as reference. Warcraft has top notch modelers and even better structured models. Low-Poly modeling isn't just about extruding, welding and using smooth groups. It's about precision and perfect optimization that you can use a large quantity of your models in one area and not lag the crap out of the clients. I highly suggest you look at the bare-bone of each model and see how it's made in order to make yourself a better modeler. I'm going to show them next how to make water/lava/ice in 3ds max in the terrain tutorial. Then after that, i'll show them how to mask .dds files to make tree models/trails on their terrain + add more texture detail on their terrain like the following picture below:

Last edited by Richardo; 06-07-2008 at 07:25 PM..