Thread: EQBuilder 2.0
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
If you have the collector or any of the other tools compiling under Linux, maybe we should get an SVN setup for them or add them somewhere in the existing SVN. I think all of those programs are pretty small, so it could probably be added directly into the trunk of the /utils directory of the EQEmu server source code. That way, people can work together to get them working easier. I think CD and KLS would be ok with adding you guys to the SVN if you are working on the collector/builder tools.

I assume that if the collector is working under Linux, that it can just watch the packets going to a Windows box if both the Windows PC and Linux PC are connected to a hub. That is how ShowEQ works anyway. I already have this setup going for ShowEQ packet collects, so it would be very easy for me to use it. It would be nice to have the packet sniffer working on Windows to make it so anyone could use it, but the others are fine being Linux only IMO.

Interesting stuff!
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly the way the linux version works. That's been one of my hangups. I couldn't locate my hub. I've been using a pair of routers and the hub was never unpacked from my last move. So it was MIA. I've actually had the linux version running for a few weeks, but couldn't test it until I located the hub. Finally found it and will be starting the collection testing here in the next few days. It is my fervent hope to get the collector out publicly in the next 2 weeks. Matters not at all to me how people want it disseminated. It's up to the community. I can post a diff of the changes, or post it in it's entirety and then someone can update the svn (probably the best way). It uses a bunch of stuff from common, but will need it's own version of the common files since we don't chase live, the common stuff that needs to be changed for it to monitor live can't be changed in the emu version. I have sort of done that, but not completely. I will do it prior to posting it. I'd rather wait until I get some testing done to post it. That way I can adjust the structs/opcodes a bit more that I'm pretty sure are off a little. Shouldn't really be that much changing to be honest.