View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 03:17 PM
Baltros101
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the replies all. Sorry for my late reply, it's been a busy week and I forgot to check this thread.

Quote:
Also possible it was trying to run gdb for you.
Thanks. I haven't ever done much with C++, so I don't really know how to configure gdb to collect any logs or errors. If anyone is interested in the output of it then I can look into it, but I might need some advice on how to get it working.

Quote:
Try using a rof2 client.
I'd be interested to know the result, but I don't have a copy of the client. My server is currently set to PoP expansion so I don't really have much need to try it out, other than maybe chasing down bugs.

Quote:
If it was earlier in the day on 10/22, there was a bug introduced that caused issues similar to what you're describing. Have you updated your server since then?
I suspect this is probably the cause, I did indeed update my test server on Sat 23rd.

I think there were two things happening here: I had a DB issue of some kind, and also the code bug mentioned above. On Sunday after starting this thread I did a full reinstall of the server (dropped eqemu db from mysql, and rm'd the eqemu/server directory). After doing a full reinstall and enabling bots via the script, the crashing stopped.

What I noticed was that instead of crashing, the cleric was kicked from the group during zone. Also, even if the bot was camped, he would re-appear each zone. Sometimes he would act like he was kicked from the group, but was still showing in the group window and couldn't be removed.

So, at least this left the server in a playable state and meant that my characters weren't actually being corrupted. Based on Dhaymion's suggestion I will update my test server over the weekend and see if it's still happening.