View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 10:48 PM
joligario
Developer

More on ports...
Well, got around to setting up a linux server remotely again on CentOS 5. Just need a little help understanding the ports and linux firewall. Most likely I am just too newb for this part. I am good with doing a Windoze setup.

The situation:
CentOS 5.6 with WHM/cPanel interface (still have full root access and use PuTTY to run everything remotely)
Dedicated server using shared ip 66.x.x.x on eth0
Dedicated ip address for this eq server account 205.x.x.x on eth4
Opened up INPUT/OUTPUT to 9000 tcp and 7000:7005 udp in iptables
Using the eqemulator.net:5998 world server

Basically, I am not getting any inbound connections. The server shows up on the list just fine. If I leave the address blank in the config, world server reports my 66.x.x.x address. So I forced my 205.x.x.x ip address, nothing changed. The dynamic and static zones boot up fine using the 205.x.x.x ip address with the proper ports (7000:7005).

Any ideas on how I am not understanding my setup and what I should look for next? Possible that logging in as root forces use of the main server ip address even though I'm logged in to SSH using the 205.x.x.x address? Should I be looking at FORWARD options? I wasn't sure about forward because using INPUT/OUTPUT allowed the world server to connect.

All ideas welcomed and appreciated!