View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 07:28 AM
BackTawk
Fire Beetle

Set up the server, loaded up client. Login and all that worked. Into the server I find some issues...

Namely, after creating an iksar monk, I get a series of abilities that are messy.

It says 'You have gained the ability "Unknown DB String 9031-1" at a cost of 0 ability points.

There's a whole bunch of those messages...Which is bad.

It ALSO says Your XML files are not compatible with current EverQuest files, certain windows may not perform correctly. Use "/loadskin Defaults 1" to load the Everquest default skin. I'm not sure what that means.

I also don't know how to update my XML files, because as I mentioned before I can't seem to run EQEmu_update. A cmd window appears for a moment and then vanishes, and I can't tell what it says, even when I load it through the cmd prompt, regardless of whether I use administrator or not. I don't know enough about all of this to know what to do with this information. EDIT: Actually, running through the cmd prompt, I get the message I posted in the last post minus the perl crap. "MySQL path not found, please add the path for automatic database upgrading to continue..." and then it exits script. AFter a cursory glance around the internet, I found mariadb-10.0.21 -winx64 and it's listed around 240 megs, while the one I got with the installer weighs in at 83.4. Of course I'm assuming that the db is the MySQL stuff, but I don't know for sure. I'm wondering if my initial download attempt failed here and there without alerting me to it.

Last edited by BackTawk; 06-19-2016 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: More info, again