Thread: Veil of Alaris
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

I think the more important point here is that Noport is chasing a moving target. Since he is using launchpad to get the VoA files, there will be no way for that specific build to have any sort of penetration without setting up a specific torrent(which doesnt go over well around here).

The other option is to have people always use the most updated client(via launchpad) but then everytime SoE patches something there is huge potential for that to break the client. Noboby would want to worry about that and there is just not enough developers to stay on top of the live client.

Considering its highly likely that all the VoA digital downloads are older than the current client, I would be very surprised if the work Noport does on the live client is 100% compatible with the digital versions.

Not to mention that a $40 download will never catch on with this community, even when the latest expansion was on sale for $2 most people didnt bother.

Bottom line, I wouldn't get my hopes up as there is way more involved in this than the opcodes.