Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:21 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Hmm, not sure why quick connect won't work for you, it works fine for me.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Strake
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuteboxe View Post
and the server select is still causing me to crash 99 percent of the time.
That's a bug on EQEmu's side. One you get a "Survey" screen that pops up, answer it, and you should stop crashing. They still haven't discovered a fix for it yet.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:13 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanileb View Post
Hmm, not sure why quick connect won't work for you, it works fine for me.
In eqPlayerData.ini, there is this section:
Code:
[MISC]
LastServerID=31
LastServerName=[0.7.0] [PEQ]The Grand Creation [legit-luclin]
I think that LastServerID is dynamic, like after a LS reboot or something... servers might come in first-come, first-serve, and get a new ID. I had hoped the LoginServer used a unique ID set when we registered our servers, but apparently not. Short answer, there's not much you can do about it unless you know the ID of the server you are quick-connecting to, and change this file first.

This is speculation, because it happens to me all the time as well. I have accounts all over the servers because of this.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:49 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strake View Post
That's a bug on EQEmu's side. One you get a "Survey" screen that pops up, answer it, and you should stop crashing. They still haven't discovered a fix for it yet.
Which is unfortunate considering it's been several years since the bug was first discovered Hopefully one day there's something that will be found to finally fix that thing.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:31 AM
gernblan
Discordant

I just wish they'd fix the crash bug. I have no idea if it's client side or LS... but yes it's definitely driving people away from playing.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 07-24-2007, 11:38 AM
a6equj5
Fire Beetle

Is there a database that's current of the items that are summonable on the server? I stopped playing Live after PoP came out and have just started on this server (frickin awesome btw!). I'm having trouble discerning what's good and what's crap, and I have no idea about all the augments and slots and whatnot yet. I'm just trying to find gear right now. There used to be a weapon database that showed DPS, but for the life of me, I can't find one onw and the EQ and Weapons Database is offline... who knows how long for. All the info I've found was last updated sometime in 2006 most places I go. Allakhazam and other places are semi-helpful, but sorting through the choices is daunting.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:09 PM
lanileb
Sarnak

eqitems.13th-floor.org is a good place for items. And augs don't work on the server right now.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:29 AM
beerbong
Sarnak

Just so it can be known I am posting this,

GMs on this server give out unfair benefits to certain players only. GM favoritism is common on this server. Just something to watch out for.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:01 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Really? We do? Mind explaining this instead of just saying "Gms on this server give unfair treatment to certain, select people." Because if I'm not mistaken you just posted not too long ago saying "This server is the shit." And listed your 5 level 75 characters.

Last edited by lanileb; 07-25-2007 at 10:05 AM..
Old 07-25-2007, 02:20 AM
beerbong
Sarnak

Things change. I don't want to get into a debate about it on these forums.

Good luck with your server, I just believe that should be known by those who play here.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:38 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

So...you're not even going to say what you think we are doing wrong? So essentially you're saying you have no proof? Not trying to make you feel like crap here but...you can't just go mudslinging saying "The GMs on this server give out special treatment" and then not say WHAT you think the GMs are doing.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:56 AM
beerbong
Sarnak

You guys gave out a GM item to a player and they still have it after telling people that he would only have it for 48 hours etc. etc.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:42 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Ok then...guess that's something Strake did. I haven't handed out any GM items. Only GM event I have done was with Strake and that was a Best of the Best the night all of our zone servers were screwed. The winner got a free level 75 and a "Bag of Platinum Coins" that he sold to a vendor. I'll talk to him about it.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:12 AM
greeko
Fire Beetle

This is a great server and I think the GMs are excellent. Have you ever even attempted to contact one just to shoot the breeze and maybe even establish a friendship? They are great people.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:36 AM
beerbong
Sarnak

Never said the GMs are mean or anything. All I'm saying is they give out unfair benefits to some players and not others.