Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-06-2021, 01:56 PM
Quientus
Sarnak

Default Question for the Advanced coders ...

Hello,

So I was wondering ...;

- Is there any way to implement a "code" of some sorts, that limits the amount of characters by level on an account on your server ?

Ex.

Max level on server is 70

An account is allowed to have
- 1 level 70 character
- 2 level 65 characters
- 4 level 60 characters
- 2 level 50 characters
- doesn't matter below level 50

Or would that require some serious (hard core) tampering with the base codes of the game (if it is hard-coded), like the issue with containers/bags ?

Thanks for reading (and possibly replying)

/Regards,
Old 05-06-2021, 02:33 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

It would require some serious (hard core) tampering.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:58 AM
jsr
Hill Giant

You could do this with a script and some data buckets - you can set max level for each player and write some code to manage who gets to be the highest based on whatever rules you're thinking of.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:13 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr View Post
You could do this with a script and some data buckets - you can set max level for each player and write some code to manage who gets to be the highest based on whatever rules you're thinking of.
Translation: It would require some serious (hard core) tampering.

If you notice the OP has little to no experience developing/coding/scripting for EQEmu and that is why they worded their statement with:

a "code" of some sorts

This is a simple way to ask if someone will do it for them, or if it is a super easy tweak, to tell them how to do it.

They would have to continuing participating in this thread if they want to start to dive in and do some modifications on their own.
Old 05-14-2021, 03:15 PM
Quientus
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeryv View Post
Translation: It would require some serious (hard core) tampering.

If you notice the OP has little to no experience developing/coding/scripting for EQEmu and that is why they worded their statement with:

a "code" of some sorts

This is a simple way to ask if someone will do it for them, or if it is a super easy tweak, to tell them how to do it.

They would have to continuing participating in this thread if they want to start to dive in and do some modifications on their own.
naw, I'm not necessarily looking for another to do the coding, however, I was wondering if it were similar to the code for bags, because if it is, I am not going to even try ... - There is a reason that the "issue" around bag slots haven't been "fixed" / solved yet ... - which was why I was asking.
Old 05-14-2021, 03:30 PM
EQDencelle
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quientus View Post
naw, I'm not necessarily looking for another to do the coding, however, I was wondering if it were similar to the code for bags, because if it is, I am not going to even try ... - There is a reason that the "issue" around bag slots haven't been "fixed" / solved yet ... - which was why I was asking.
the problem actually isn't complex at all tbh go check out https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...experience.lua, if you think hard enough, you actually could come up with the solution pretty quickly

to answer your question on this being related or similar to bag slots. absolutely not. that is a beast of an issue that involves the very complex inventory system.
Old 05-14-2021, 03:42 PM
Quientus
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQDencelle View Post
the problem actually isn't complex at all tbh go check out https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...experience.lua, if you think hard enough, you actually could come up with the solution pretty quickly

to answer your question on this being related or similar to bag slots. absolutely not. that is a beast of an issue that involves the very complex inventory system.
Thanks ! - It looks like something I was looking for
Old 05-14-2021, 11:51 PM
jsr
Hill Giant

Lots of assumptions there . I was replying to the OP.
Old 05-15-2021, 04:08 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

Time will tell.