Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:53 PM
freezzo
Fire Beetle

Default Kunark Client Version, please help!

Hello all,

I have the original disc and original kunark expansion disk. I have to install the kunark disc at mimimum for it to work(just the original disc complains about not having at least DX6 installed, even though i have 9). But i wanted to try and get the kunark client to work on a server and do not know the version of it. Can anyone help me? I'm looking for the FIRST packet that I have to send back to the server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:42 PM
trevius
Developer

The emulator only works with the 6.2 client and Titanium currently. Nothing else will work. Unless you have detailed packet collects from when Kunark was released, it is extremely unlikely that you would ever be able to get it to work with the emulator. I have been working for about 2 months non-stop on getting the emulator to work with SoF, so I have a pretty good idea about what I am talking about :P

You would be much better off using Titanium and restricting the server to only allow Kunark content/races. You might be able to search enough to find a very old client that works with Kunark, but that was around the time that the emulator project began and even if you did, it would be completely unplayable. Back when I first started looking into the emulator when it was on hackersquest.org, the only thing you could do was log in and spawn frozen humans and nothing else.

Last edited by trevius; 01-29-2009 at 10:45 PM..
Old 01-29-2009, 02:56 PM
freezzo
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the reply,

My intention wasn't to use it with the current emulator. It was more of a personal project that I wanted to try and do, plus I liked the original game client. I heard through researching the web that the client used the date of release for the version number or something similiar, and I was just wondering if anyone knew what that was or how to obtain it. Its fine if an older project couldn't do anything, I just wanted to learn some networking/server/client skills on my own and thought this would be fun to try and do.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:31 PM
jenco420
Sarnak

Your best bet for the kunark era client would be the project Sak was working on in this post , at least a semi working older client anyway :P