Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Packetcollector

Support::Packetcollector Any PacketCollector related problems or questions should be posted here.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:03 PM
robinreg
Sarnak

I know this was designed for everquest on PC due to opcodes. But is it possible to be able to do collects on EQMac? I was just curious since I am tempted to get a cheap mac to play on EQMac.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinreg View Post
I know this was designed for everquest on PC due to opcodes. But is it possible to be able to do collects on EQMac? I was just curious since I am tempted to get a cheap mac to play on EQMac.
Short answer: No.

Long answer: It uses a different packet protocol than 0.6.1 and later EQEmu clients. Even if you got it up and running, you would need a packet collector for the old version of EverQuest rather than the new client packet protocol. There's a few of them out there, but I can't think of any that would compile, let alone work on a mac. You would need a hub running linux to capture traffic.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Funkey Monkey
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
I've brushed off the old PEQ repo for logs and started posting what we have so far at http://www.projecteq.net/logs

You'll need to create a PEQ forum name and log in (http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2) first, but then anybody is free to upload and download any logs they have, or logs in the repo.

All of the logs currently up are zipped/rarred SQLs using EQExtractor 1.4. However, if you wish feel free to post the pcaps. Please don't post SQLs created with anything less than 1.4, as they aren't very versatile among different databases.
Sorry to rez a dead thread but been while since i used this and was wondering if logs that have been uploaded are hosted somewhere else now? Links are dead. Any help is appreciated, would like to get some of the logs i uploaded before and others as I no longer have them saved on HD. Thanks
Old 04-04-2011, 10:30 PM
sorvani
Dragon

PEQ changed website addresses last fall change your links from projecteq.net to peqtgc.com and they work.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Funkey Monkey
Sarnak

nm figured it out, wont let ya log in from the logs page have to log in from the phpbb2 first then go to logs.