Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > Simple Client

Old 08-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by wexford View Post
Ok I found a rather odd bug, I recently used 3ds Max to make a zone imported it to OpenZone exported as xwa, bsp tree, now I can load the zone fine when ingame if i logout while in the zone and log back in the zone crashes consistantly everytime, Im wondering if its the version of Openzone I used or perhaps because I used multiple textures on the terrain when I made it in 3ds max or perhaps the version of 3ds max I used to make it? Im using OpenZone 8.3 and 3ds Max 9, I didnt use materials i just mapped two different textures onto the terrain one for mountain tops one for the lower elevations... Any thoughts?
Not off the top of my head. What happens if you try loading it in ZoneExplorer? The purpose of it was to be able to test your zones without needing the client.

As for the admin tool, take a look at the equipment.scn I posted. That will tell you what equipment models are in the client.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Quote:
OH, do you have a list of the dieties from eq to the new ones you made incase people wanht to change them?

Also I just noticed no matter what your hp and mana and so forth is the personal/inventory window caps at 2757
I think off the top of my head it follows the same scheme as live, but I'm not certain. I simply numbered the deities 1 through whatever and made up some names and descriptions without trying to stay too close to live. I've designed a preliminary packet to let the world server change the deity --> race/class allocations, but haven't added support for it yet. Other things keep cropping up, and at the moment I'm working on letting users change server filtering options from the options pane (though at this stage just designing in my head, as ironically, the biggest PITA for it will be constructing a drop-down GUI component for my GUI library -- which, believe it or not, I created from scratch).
Old 08-06-2008, 11:04 PM
wexford
Sarnak

hrmm ok but i was meaning more the numbering for the item visuals dropdown in the admin tool, for instance scimitar visual is like 41 or something and in the scn file its like sword3 or something, so im trying to figure out how it assigns the number value for the database field idfile. I dont really grasp how it assigns the id # cause in the equipment.scn file they are all named not numbered
Old 08-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Quote:
hrmm ok but i was meaning more the numbering for the item visuals dropdown in the admin tool, for instance scimitar visual is like 41 or something and in the scn file its like sword3 or something, so im trying to figure out how it assigns the number value for the database field idfile. I dont really grasp how it assigns the id # cause in the equipment.scn file they are all named not numbered
Take a closer look at the scn file, and if you're loading it in OpenZone, look at File...Properties. There are a number of entries beginning with IT, sich as IT8, etc. The number corresponds directly to the number in the admin tool's visuals drop-down.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:04 AM
wexford
Sarnak

OH dur I didnt even think of that THANKS!!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:55 PM
wexford
Sarnak

Ok well I have been trying to add some new Items to the equipment.scn file and uhhh well it doesnt work i import them from 3ds to mesh library add them as the tutorial says to export it to xwf and the model doesnt work ive tried all sorts of different ways and nothing works any ideas?
Old 08-17-2008, 05:36 PM
warsonofrage
Fire Beetle

hey guys got a question for ya. id like to do a few minor alterations to the non melee classes...wondering how had it is to add in the spell bar for them and the ability to cast from it. i would like to assume that the ability to cast is a simple switch on the db side and not governed by the client...rather im hoping it is.

i had hoped to take combat abilities and put them into a spell type form that would be loaded like a spell through the spell bar and use endurance instead of mana...failing that make mana dependent upon the main melee stat of the class.....war/str rogue/dex and so on.

dont like using the disc window and i know that its possible for melee classes to scribe spells....have seen it done on accident before im just wondering how hard it is to get that spell bar/book open for them.

thanks in advance