Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2023, 12:01 PM
louis10162
Fire Beetle

Default PEQ TAKP rebalanced database download

Hi, for my own personal use I have updated the PEQ database with mob stats, exp rates, and other things using the TAKP database release and some other things like rules that I have tuned for the classic everquest experience. No longer are mobs a cakewalk at low levels due to incorrect and underpowered stats in the default peq database. The combat difficulty is comparable to Project1999.

With the updated content I consider this the closest you can get right now to a classic experience on your own private server with or without bots.

I think that other people may enjoy playing the same way as I do and decided to upload the database and client files.

What this contains:
-All underpowered mob stats are updated to values from the TAKP database. This means all mobs that are stronger in the TAKP database have been updated here for the following expansions:
1) Classic
2) Kunark
3) Velious
4) Luclin
5) POP

This is everything from resist rates, hp regen rates, run speed, and much more.

If the mob has the same stats or better in the PEQ database, the PEQ stats remain.

Mobs from other expansions still have stats from the default PEQ database.

Pets have been manually tuned to match TAKP. This results in more realistic and less powerful pets 1-50. Mage pets especially were much overpowered in the default database at lower levels and this has been corrected.

This makes for a very challenging classic type leveling experience from 1-50.

-Classic Spells
-Classic exp rates
-Bots updated to use classic spell levels
-Other misc. tweaks that I have forgotten about
-Bots are enabled in this database for solo play

How to use:
I recommend just importing the data that you want into your own database, however if you want to play with this database I recommend the following:
1) Use the titanium client
2) Import P99 files except the following: ui folder, globalload.txt (use the one I provided instead). spells_us.txt (use the one I provided instead)
3) Use the client files that I provided

Hopefully someone else gets some enjoyment out of this. There are bound to be bugs somewhere but I haven't run into any issues so far. I don't think I'll be releasing another version and even this download may only be available for a limited time. I am just trying to give back to the community for the amazing work done over the years and to encourage more servers to use correct mob stats, especially for lower levels.

Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...TP?usp=sharing
Old 10-09-2023, 12:19 AM
shflair
Fire Beetle

thats some nice work bud,thanks. not that I care but are you aware your account/player tables weren't wiped?
Old 10-12-2023, 08:40 AM
coreidan
Fire Beetle

Very cool. Thank you for sharing! I am going to be playing around with this soon.

If you ever decide to publicly maintain these files putting them in github wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 10-12-2023, 09:28 PM
louis10162
Fire Beetle

Im glad there is some interest. According to a message on the discord, PEQ is planning to eventually import the actual data for old content at some point from TAKP. At that point this database will be useless. This is just to hold us over until then.
Old 02-01-2024, 04:51 AM
leechbreak
Fire Beetle

Reallu interesting game. It's great that you shared it. I am especially impressed with the challenging classic type leveling experience from 1-50.
Closed Thread