Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 05-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Default Alt Currency Reward

Currently I'm using Radiant Crystals although I want to switch because they're default in the main part of the UI under the 'Radiant Crystals' not in the alt. currency tab.

Because of this they need to be put into the alt currency tab to spend them on an alt currency merchant(class 70, I tried class 67 for radiant crystal, not working).

So, right now my radiant crystals are rewarded via missions, when you complete the mission I'm using the quest string:

Code:
$client->AddCrystals(40,0);
My question is, if I am to switch to Orux or something, how can I reward them when you complete the mission? I don't see any quest string like that in the perl reference on the wiki, and adding the item id on the quest reward is only going to give 1 of them.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:01 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esildor View Post
Currently I'm using Radiant Crystals although I want to switch because they're default in the main part of the UI under the 'Radiant Crystals' not in the alt. currency tab.

Because of this they need to be put into the alt currency tab to spend them on an alt currency merchant(class 70, I tried class 67 for radiant crystal, not working).

So, right now my radiant crystals are rewarded via missions, when you complete the mission I'm using the quest string:

Code:
$client->AddCrystals(40,0);
My question is, if I am to switch to Orux or something, how can I reward them when you complete the mission? I don't see any quest string like that in the perl reference on the wiki, and adding the item id on the quest reward is only going to give 1 of them.
Curreny is an exported object, it's just not in the Wiki, I need to go through and do a comb through to make sure everything added lately is in there.

$client->AddAlternateCurrencyValue(currency_id, currency_amount);

Class 70 is for Alternate Currency Merchants.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Ahh, I tried AddAlternateCurrency, didn't have the value after.

Thanks Akka!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:05 PM
joligario
Developer

Hah, nevermind

Last edited by joligario; 05-07-2014 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: OBE
Old 05-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Got it working well, only issue I have now is the alt currency merchant's buy back. He'll buy everything back at 100% value, is there anyway to change this? I've played with the sell rate, doesn't seem to affect alt currency stuff.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:50 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

There is a rule in newer databases ... "EnableAltCurrencySell" -- haven't tested it.. but I am guessing it works

If you don't have it...

Code:
INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (1, 'Merchant:EnableAltCurrencySell', 'true', 'Enables the ability to resell items to alternate currency merchants');
Old 05-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatedogEZ View Post
There is a rule in newer databases ... "EnableAltCurrencySell" -- haven't tested it.. but I am guessing it works

If you don't have it...

Code:
INSERT INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (1, 'Merchant:EnableAltCurrencySell', 'true', 'Enables the ability to resell items to alternate currency merchants');
Hm, changed it false. Doesn't seem to have worked unfortunately.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:48 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

did you #reloadallrules or restart server?
Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Restarted server, restarting again for something else so i'll see if it takes again :P
Old 05-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Got it to work.

There was only the rule with ruleset_id of 10, I added the same rule with ruleset_id of 1, 2, and 4 and it works now.

Thanks Nate.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:09 AM
emho24
Fire Beetle

Has anyone tried this lately? I'm either doing something very wrong or it's not functional.

I've got some alt currency merchants setup and I don't want them to buy back anything. I've created the 'Merchant:EnableAltCurrencySell' rule for the ruleset_id that the zone is using that my merchants are in.

The rule_value is false, and when you buy an item from these merchants and then click the sell button to sell it back, your character can no longer interact with any merchants at all, right clicking on them does nothing. Rof2 client.

rule_values entry looks like this (24 is my rule set for my hub zone where these merchants are):
24 Merchant:EnableAltCurrencySell false Enables the ability ....