Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:24 PM
gnode
Hill Giant

So, this is my game plan. Once I get the current PEQ db loaded and my recent backup db loaded, I am going to use this tool:
http://www.databasejournal.com/featu...l---SQLyog.htm

to bring my backup db's structure up to the same as the new peq db structure.

Then I am going to do all of the inserts in my existing db update script to fill in the necessary data from the updates.

Hope this works...
Old 02-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

You shouldn't need to upgrade your Mysql though. I've been using 5.0 for over a year and I've not had any issues. Let us know if we can help some way. Keep in mind it is hard for us to see what's going on so give as much detail as you can.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:01 AM
gnode
Hill Giant

Upon further examination, I don't know if my db is the problem at all.

I straight up copied the current peq db right in and overwrote all my files just to see if it would get world to boot... it did not.

This is a syntax error, not a missing/wrong column error:
[02.12. - 21:50:31] DBLoadItems query 'select source,itemclass,name,lore,idfile,id,weight,norent ,nodrop,size,slots,price,icon,UNK012,UNK013,benefi tflag,tradeskills,cr,dr,pr,mr,fr,astr,asta,aagi,ad ex,acha,aint,awis,hp,mana,ac,deity,skillmodvalue,U NK033,skillmodtype,banedmgrace,banedmgamt,banedmgb ody,magic,casttime_,reqlevel,bardtype,bardvalue,li ght,delay,reclevel,recskill,elemdmgtype,elemdmgamt ,range,damage,color,classes,races,UNK054,maxcharge s,itemtype,material,sellrate,UNK059,casttime,UNK06 1,procrate,combateffects,shielding,stunresist,stri kethrough,extradmgskill,extradmgamt,spellshield,av oidance,accuracy,charmfileid,factionmod1,factionmo d2,factionmod3,factionmod4,factionamt1,factionamt2 ,factionamt3,factionamt4,charmfile,augtype,augslot 1type,augslot1visible,augslot2type,augslot2visible ,augslot3type,augslot3visible,augslot4type,augslot 4visible,augslot5type,augslot5visible,ldontheme,ld onprice,ldonsold,bagtype,bagslots,bagsize,bagwr,bo ok,booktype,filename,banedmgraceamt,augrestrict,lo regroup,pendingloreflag,artifactflag,summonedflag, favor,fvnodrop,endur,dotshielding,attack,regen,man aregen,enduranceregen,haste,damageshield,recastdel ay,recasttype,guildfavor,augdistiller,UNK123,UNK12 4,attuneable,nopet,UNK127,pointtype,potionbelt,pot ionbeltslots,stacksize,notransfer,stackable,UNK134 ,clickeffect,clicktype,clicklevel,clicklevel2,proc effect,proctype,proclevel,proclevel2,worneffect,wo rntype,wornlevel,wornlevel2,focuseffect,focustype, focuslevel,focuslevel2,scrolleffect,scrolltype,scr olllevel,scrolllevel2,updated from items order by id', #1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'range,damage,color,classes,races,UNK054,maxcharge s,itemtype,material,sellrate,UN' at line 1

I now suspect I have a bad program file somewhere. Can anyone check the source to see where this query is done?
Old 02-13-2009, 12:15 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Which files exactly are you sourcing? What is the address you are getting them from?
Old 02-13-2009, 12:24 AM
gnode
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Which files exactly are you sourcing? What is the address you are getting them from?
http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/

Featured download: Revision302.zip

That is the changelog I originally followed, also.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

I think cavedude means which database.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:31 AM
gnode
Hill Giant

peqdb_1129Rev311.sql

Then all of the miscellaneous *.sql files that did not involve dropping tables.

Thanks for the help... going to bed tonight and will look at it later. I am about ready to zip my db up and send it to someone to make an update script for me for some $$ because this is getting kind of ridiculous.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Just use the peqdb_1129Rev311.sql file. Don't use any other files unless you know you need to. Which you don't. I did this once before and it hosed me up too. Had to drop it all and re-import it.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:19 AM
gnode
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew80k View Post
Just use the peqdb_1129Rev311.sql file. Don't use any other files unless you know you need to. Which you don't. I did this once before and it hosed me up too. Had to drop it all and re-import it.
I know I need to because I am missing several tables such as group and raid related.

Also, I am somewhat convinced the problem has nothing to do with my db. The error I am getting is a mysql syntax error in world.exe.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

How do you know you need to? I dump my entire database and reimport it using just the peqdb file and I don't have any missing tables. If you are missing table then you have a database problem with the import. As you say you may have an issue with the code. What code rev are you using? 301? Or 311? Make sure your code matches your database. Database can be before the code but not the other way around. You shouldn't use a database that is numbered after your code rev.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:30 AM
gnode
Hill Giant

Cavedude: You may be uniquely suited to help me. Disregard everything that has been done here already.

Here is the situation in the most simple of terms.

I originally installed peq from: http://www.projecteq.net/downloads.php

The 1110a version and your standard db.

I have since done the following:
Created a couple items
Add them to some loot tables
Modified some loot tables
Modified some factions
Modified some spawn tables

I need to be able to move to the current version of the software while preserving these changes. In other words, I need to get current and instead of replacing these tables, alter them to add the necessary columns while also not harming my characters and their inventories. I have a tool that will alter them for me, as long as I have a good schema to bring the columns in from.

How exactly would you go about doing this? This can't be a unique situation other than that it is coming from such an old version.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:12 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Easily done. First, get yourself the Rev 233 update: http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4612 You're only using this to update your db, don't worry about quests or anything. The 1110a DB is very old, so that might be why you are having trouble. This assume you have not changed your db name, user, or password. If you have, then the update will fail as it depends on the settings the original installer provided. You will know if it failed if the DOS window that sources the DB doesn't stay up for at least a minute or so.

From there, grab the newest PEQ CVS. Source drop_system.sql, then source in the gz file after you unpack it. Go into the updates folder and run EVERY update from 233 up. So, start at Rev247 and go through Rev294. DO NOT skip right to the end, or run any other updates before 247. Also, don't source any sql from the EQEmu SVN, including from the changelog. Everything you need is handled by PEQ CVS.

Then, grab the newest quests from PEQ Quests CVS, and the newest server build from the EQEmu SVN and you should be set.

While all of your character data will be safe, your content will be lost. There is no way to preserve that other than keeping a sql record of every change you make and source it after you resource the content. PEQ makes so many changes to its database daily that there is no way we can offer individual table changes.

Last edited by cavedude; 02-13-2009 at 11:20 AM..
Old 02-13-2009, 11:04 AM
gnode
Hill Giant

Quote:
Easily done. First, get yourself the Rev 233 update: http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4612 You're only using this to update your db, don't worry about quests or anything. The 1110a DB is very old, so that might be why you are having trouble. This assume you have not changed your db name, user, or password. If you have, then the update will fail as it depends on the settings the original installer provided. You will know if it failed if the DOS window that sources the DB doesn't stay up for at least a minute or so.

From there, grab the newest PEQ CVS. Source drop_system.sql, then source in the gz file after you unpack it. Go into the updates folder and run EVERY update from 233 up. So, start at Rev247 and go through Rev294. DO NOT skip right to the end, or run any other updates before 247. Also, don't source any sql from the EQEmu SVN, including from the changelog. Everything you need is handled by PEQ CVS.

Then, grab the newest quests from PEQ Quests CVS, and the newest server build from the EQEmu SVN and you should be set.

While all of your character data will be safe, your content will be lost. There is no way to preserve that other than keeping a sql record of every change you make and source it after you resource the content. PEQ makes so many changes to its database daily that there is no way we can offer individual table changes.
Thanks I will give it a try. I am going to try it exactly that way first to see if I can get it running. If so, I am going to alter my original tables mentioned above up to the current schema and bring them in to try to skip on content changes. We aren't going beyond PoP and I did a lot of work to restore PoM back to original. Unless, do you know if PoM has a separate spawn table now? I wonder how many of my customizations might be standard by now..
Old 02-13-2009, 11:50 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

PoM is by the default the original version as best as I could get it. It's a spawn_condition now, so the default setting of 1 is for PoM 1.0, and changing it to 2 switches the spawns to version 2.0.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:31 PM
gnode
Hill Giant

Quote:
PoM is by the default the original version as best as I could get it. It's a spawn_condition now, so the default setting of 1 is for PoM 1.0, and changing it to 2 switches the spawns to version 2.0.
Hmm... awesome. The only other really involved change I made was cleaning up airplane's spawn times and loot tables. Perhaps I should redo that on the new version and submit it back to you guys if needed.

I also made a quest that upgrades people's kunark and old planar armor up to low-tier velious specs. I can live without that given the stage we are in. But my only concern with that is all the old item ids floating around. Many of those items are in the 1400-1500 range and used by some people still...

What guidelines do you have regarding item ids? If I were to change all of these IDs to something that won't interfere with the peq db, what number range should I use?

It sounds like a lot of the big "fixes" I put in are standard now. I may just have to re-import a minority of my changes and clean up inventory.