Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:00 AM
rullare
Sarnak

thx its help me!!!

i finaly could make me a server^^
Old 10-03-2012, 07:49 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

thank you for the work you have done here.. compilling has been made simple as can be now. and thanks to sorvani and others who have done work with the 64 bit compiling. literally takes just minutes to update and compile servers. outstanding job to you all
Old 10-18-2012, 03:43 AM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Just finished a fresh server install, thank you for your hard work!! It went very smooth!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:49 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Random bump, not that anyone would really care...
You can compile x64 using Visual C++ 2010 express if you really wanted to.
Things just need to be installed in the correct order.

[1] Visual Studio C++ 2010 Express
[2] Windows Software Development Kit Version 7.1 (SDK 7.1)
[3] Visual Studio 2010 SP1 (will fail to install on VSC++2010 Express without SDK 7.1 installed)
[4] Visual Studio C++ 2010 SP1 Compiler Update for Windows SDK 7.1
I already had 2010 Express installed and some redistributable packages so I had to do the following.
[i] Open Control panel and open remove programs. Find and remove the following:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable 10.0.4xxxx (anything newer then 10.0.3)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable 10.0.4xxxx (anything newer then 10.0.3)
[II] Download and install the Windows Software Development Kit version 7.1
[III] Download Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and Redistributable from windows update
I had to manually download VSC++2010 SP1 and install. Windows Update froze on it.
[IV] Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Compiler Update for the Windows SDK 7.1
Code:
Open Visual Studio C++ 2010 Express and load the server project
Project -> Properties (ALT + F7)
New window is open titled "Property Pages"
Expand Configuration Properties -> VC++ Directories -> Library Directories
( when you click on Library Directories a little box with a down looking arrow appears. Click that to open a new window. Click the yellow looking folder icon, next to the red slash X icon. Then click the little box with 3 dots in it [. . .]
Browse to the default installation path of the SDK 7.1 lib x64 folder.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Lib\x64 )
Only posting this because I was curious if it was possible to compile x64 without buying the ultimate edition and after some trial,error and google searching I stumbled upon the solution.
If anyone wanted to do this just make sure you install x64 perl or your quests will not work.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalkereci View Post
Only posting this because I was curious if it was possible to compile x64 without buying the ultimate edition and after some trial,error and google searching I stumbled upon the solution.
You only need to have VS 2010 Professional, not Ultimate. Ultimate of course works too but it is not required.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Ahh I knew it was one of those required for native x64 compile but I did not wish to pay for it since I only compile emu source and home brewed applications.
Also I don't ever object to tinkering with stuff until I have a definable yes/no answer instead of a "I don't think you can do that."
Old 11-15-2012, 02:35 PM
sorvani
Dragon

just did not want a person with professional thinking they needed ultimate.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:31 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
just did not want a person with professional thinking they needed ultimate.
Aye and thanks for keeping it honest. Would feel terrible if someone misunderstood what I was trying to say.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Thuz989
Sarnak

Thank you for posting this, very helpful. Compiled X64 build with vc2010 pretty easily. Tried 2012 express first but got hung on winnt.h errors.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM
laxative
Hill Giant

Thumbs up

Hello,

I've been out of the Emu business for a couple years now.

I'm very glad it's back as my boys are old enough to start playing and my server is starting to take shape; some custom content and rules etc..

I decided to go to the svn and get the latest revisions back going, I ran into gobs and gobs of problems, then I read this guide..

downloaded VC++ 2010 and compiled it first try.

I know you did a lot of work on this, I for one, appreciate it TREMENDOUSLY, you have allowed me to continue to my work without further hassle.

Just a plain ol, sincere THANK YOU is in order.

Laxa
Old 11-28-2012, 04:43 PM
laxative
Hill Giant

Hi

So I've tried getting all the necessary SQL from utils in.

But still getting this:

[TASKS]Error in TaskManager::LoadTasks: #1054: Unknown column 'minlevel' in 'field list'

I've solved my other errors but this one I cannot find.

help?

Laxa.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 AM
ominous5454
Fire Beetle

Ok, so after i get done following your walk-through, which works perfectly, where do i go next? Do I need to follow a different walk-through? If so which one would be the best to follow? And which step of that one do i need to start at (I noticed that most of the start off , by trying to do the same thing as yours does).
Old 01-17-2013, 09:40 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ominous5454 View Post
Ok, so after i get done following your walk-through, which works perfectly, where do i go next? Do I need to follow a different walk-through? If so which one would be the best to follow? And which step of that one do i need to start at (I noticed that most of the start off , by trying to do the same thing as yours does).
Please explain exactly what your question is. If compiling using VS2010 is not the issue for you then this is not the thread to post in. Check the Support::Windows Servers or Support::Linux Servers