Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:56 PM
knowom
Discordant

How do I know my server is functioning correctly or not? I'm using peqdb_rev2506.SQL? Should the server be spawned when you log on to it? Or do I need to build the NPC spawns and items one by one? Also how do I edit the peqdb with SQL from the guide?
Old 08-29-2013, 12:24 AM
rencro
Hill Giant

Should be fully spawned...You did not follow the guide completely, and in so doing, you missed sourcing into your db the required sql updtaes into your database from the utils/sql/git/required folder...

Source in those sql's (skip the mercenary ones for now) and then restart you server...
Old 08-29-2013, 12:56 AM
knowom
Discordant

Apparently I'm just gonna start again on the guide from scratch just to be safe.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:52 AM
knowom
Discordant

So I think I know what I did wrong for peqdbrev_2506

I believe I was suppose to CD C:\EQ\Source\utils\sql\svn I was suppose to source mercs.sql

Then optionally CD C:\EQ\Source\utils\sql\git\optional and source the files in said folder in ascending order.

Then source CD C:\EQ\Source\utils\sql\git\required the files in said folder in ascending order.

I believe the issue was because I initially thought due to the peqdbrev_2506 #thing mentioned in the guide about the svn folder it also carried over and applied to the git folders.

I'll find out in a second if that was the case or not also didn't realize you need to cd to each sql's folder first before you go into mysql peq or maybe I didn't have to do that part not sure.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:15 AM
knowom
Discordant

Well that was the problem I got that issue sorted out and got a backup db with my account world flag in place.

So I have a base DB now I can drop/source to go off of which is pretty cool I guess. A lot of stuff I gotta learn how to do with EQemu though, but it's a start.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:36 AM
knowom
Discordant

Is it difficult to restore particular zones, or items, or npcs, or really anything that you can tweak back if you alter it to the source installs?
Old 08-29-2013, 07:47 AM
Envisage
Sarnak

That really just depends on how well you know SQL. I dump our DB once every hour just in case a screw up would happen.

Now if you are talking a massive edit for a zone useually we backup the parts that are important like for instance doing a zones spawns. We'll back up grid, grid entries, spawn2, spawnentry, and just in cause npc_types which match spawnentry. Only really had to do that three times.

But other wise a good idea is to install the default db to like peq2 in mysql so you have a copy of it and you can just find what you need if you do bork something.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:56 AM
knowom
Discordant

Completely learning as I go here with this stuff. It'll probably become more familiar over time, but right now it's all rather foreign to me to figure out.

It's interesting just learning some of the different gm commands you can do quiet a lot with just those, but I'm certain there are more convenient and easier methods to tweak stuff.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Envisage
Sarnak

Most of our db work is done out of game. In PEQ's editor which we have modified or through a program like navicat or hedisql.

The only time one of our db people actually log in is to add spawns and for pathing.

But yes for certain things depends on what your doing there are ways to set stuff a lot faster in sql alone than in game.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:33 AM
knowom
Discordant

Yeah I'm gonna have to look into that stuff I gotta kinda get familiarized a bit first with a bunch of EQemu/PEQ stuff in general.

I think the first thing I want to work on I guess is the character creation page to customize it maybe make it so you can be a Ogre Wizard for example or Troll Cleric and some tinkering with the base stats and such.

Basically a place to start learning how stuff works a little bit better and go off of I guess.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:40 PM
rencro
Hill Giant

Although you can do lots of editing from inside the game itself, I recommend you do all your editing using the peq-php editor, and make sure sql logging is on, then save those sql's as your own custom sql's. And whichever edits you cant do in the peq-php editor, then write them out yourself and manually source them in. This way, if you make many custom changes, and, lets say the daily dump of the peq-db adds ROF content, then you can just "drop_system", source in peqs new changes, then source back in your custom content....

Makes it easier to "start over" as well...I highly recommend heidi sql, though I use navicat too..
Old 08-29-2013, 06:10 PM
knowom
Discordant

So for peq-php editor I need to also install php and apache it sounds like and I'm guessing alla clone as the same.

Are there any editing programs that don't require additional installing of stuff like php/apache?

I can probably figure it out and do, but it's been awhile and it's two more things to install and run.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:05 PM
knowom
Discordant

Somewhat figured out how HeidiSQL works basically I can end tables even copy the source tables from the default data base over to my private server if needed or wanted and can saved what I do edit in a table as a SQL that I can export to a SQL files which I can source to my PEQ DB I take it? Now if I source a table in does it overwrite the old table or merge the data with the old or a cross between the two not exactly sure how that all works yet.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:38 PM
knowom
Discordant

About how many zones can I expect to be able to run on LAN off a Q9550 with 4GB ram and windows 7?

Adding /Realtime or /High to your EQ start shortcut along with the /affinity 1 seemed to make a noticeable improvement for me with connecting to my server w/o it timing out on me.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:20 AM
knowom
Discordant

So how many static zones should I be able to handle on a server with 4GB of ram roughly?

I'm thinking 15 races in total (titanium) [not using Drakkin] for the server. So I figure 15 city zones required for my intentions. Another 15 connected zones attached to said city zones. Then another 15 dungeon zones.

So that's 45 zones pretty much required though I could get away with less dungeon zones if I needed to and reduce it down to around 5 which would shaved it down to roughly 35 required zones.

Now ideally I'd like to add a bit more travel/dungeon zones on top of the 35-45 zones if possible something like 10 more outdoor zones and 5 more dungeons for about 50-60 zones in total.

Here's my general server idea I'd like to strive for eventually as a project. I'd like take the 15 races cities and coordinate space them out in general circle if you will with a travel zone separating them in between that also features a dungeon in it or off of it in a neighboring connected zone and I'd like a end game dungeon in a zone right dead in the middle of it all which players from each race eventually can get to and fight within.

The hope is to create some type of unpredictable evolving territorial control and conquest going on with racial alliances being formed and broken amongst the different races of the world.

Raiding other races cities and various outlying dungeons for loot progression is somewhat I want to be a vital part of the server which in turn eventually leads to being able to handle tougher portions of the game.

Eventually I want it to lead to the very center of the struggle for power and a dungeon where there will be a 1 ring to rule them all sort of a situation going on.

I'd like to make it so once a raid kills a mob a this struggle point they get character flagged permanently and a ring, but it also sets in motion consequences to the rest of the world server that isn't yet flagged.

Once flagged players can do special quests using the ring to deter the rest of the server from becoming flagged and earning said ring within a certain threshold limitation that lead to rewards and such all while progressing to something bigger and more devious.

Flagged player will have access to a special arena zone they can port to where flagged players can challenge themselves via different quests that spawn encounters which have loot. There will be tiers of progression to this that leads to a final challenge. You'll need better gear XP/AAXP that eventually comes to a final fight that ultimately resets the server to a clean slate.

Each tier will require different progressive quest triggers you need to unlock before you can move on those quest triggers will be throughout the world itself and involve both kill tasks, but will provide essential loot upgrades you'll ultimately probably need for the next tier.

After the server is reverted to a clean slate the players involved will special no drop item that gives them a bit of a permanent noticeable helping edge moving forward and ideally I'd like to also give them a title maybe it'll be a right click effect on the item to turn the title on or off perhaps.

Basically after the server clean slate wipe the cycle continues over again and everything old is new and reborn once again and a new journey starts and awaits.

Also perhaps when the server does restart to a clean slate I changes a bit like the starting cities connecting zones get switched and altered a bit so it evolves as well and it evolves the actual quest tasks in turn.