Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:37 AM
Sintox
Fire Beetle

Default "Your spells interrupted" every time I cast

Every time I cast any spell it says "your spell was interrupted" and I go from full mana to zero. It does this on regular and gm accounts.

I tried a fresh server install using EQEmu Server Installer Files. I have used both Titanium and ROF2 clients and I have tried it on my desktop and laptop.

I have not modified the DB in any way, it is as it was fresh off the download.

I read another post with same problem that making it to level 2 fixed it, a fresh EQServer install fixed it, these didn't work for me.

I'm still total noob when it comes to all this Dev stuff. I can make easy changes to stuff in the rule_values and places like that but nothing as complex as to why I keep getting interrupted and lose 100% mana.

If someone could look into this that would be awesome.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:20 AM
joligario
Developer

What zone?
Old 01-20-2021, 02:27 PM
Sintox
Fire Beetle

I only tried panieel and halas.

I did bump a gm character to 50 and maxed out casting skills. I was able to cast after that. So i tried that with a regular level 1 character, maxed out casting skills for that level, still was not able to cast.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:45 PM
Sintox
Fire Beetle

I Just bumped a character to level 3 and now my spells don't get interrupted and I'm able to cast. My skills are also going up also.

Maybe someone can figure out why you get interrupted and go to zero mana at level 1 & 2.
Old 01-29-2021, 04:58 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

I've seen this before and I don't think it's a product of the emulator directly. Usually on a live server you start out with a single spell and you use that spell to fight and gain skills ups and experience and coin to by other spells. You also talk to your trainer and can advance skills like that.

As a server op you probably just summon or scribe all of your spells and before you even get to level 2, you're trying to cast spells you barely have the mana for. I'm not a coder, so I deal with these things in a different way. If you really hate it, maybe setup a script to auto skill up new players to say 5 or 10 skill points. It could get very detailed and difficult, or real simple... I believe you can also tweak the interruption chance, but that might mess you up in other areas.
Old 01-30-2021, 04:16 PM
Sintox
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the reply.

What you said would make sense if I was getting "your spell fizzled", but I'm getting "your spell was interrupted".

I'm getting interrupted standing still out of combat at level 1 & 2. I maxed out skills for those levels and still got "you spell was interrupted". I then go from 25 mana to zero mana after one interrupt. I should get 4 or 5 fizzles before zero mana. Once I hit level 3 I was able to cast like normal. I made level 3 with zero skills and was able to cast like normal.

I can't figure out why I get interrupted at levels 1 & 2 and lose all mana after each cast attempt. I'm almost positive it has to do with the levels and the DB.

Thanks,
David
Old 01-30-2021, 07:17 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sintox View Post
I tried a fresh server install using EQEmu Server Installer Files
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sintox View Post
I'm almost positive it has to do with the levels and the db
If the problem was the db (server-side), you would not be the only person having this problem right now. There would be a slew of people reporting it, lately.

If you haven't already, try a fresh, clean install of your client and export the spell files from your server to client.
Old 02-19-2021, 04:37 PM
XxTRAINEExX
Fire Beetle

Hey Sintox, did you ever get this resolved? I'm seeing the exact same issue on my server. Setting the person to 255 corrects the issue but that's not a viable work-around.

Brian
Old 02-24-2021, 10:04 PM
ToXiN06
Fire Beetle

Set the rule Character:OldMinMana to true

Credit to Gangsta on Discord
Old 02-26-2021, 01:20 PM
Diamatr
Fire Beetle

Thanks ToXin06. I needed to fix that as well. I looked at the peq table and I cant see that field there. In which table/file do I need to change that value?
Old 02-26-2021, 02:00 PM
Diamatr
Fire Beetle

Ignore my question. I found it
Old 03-01-2021, 03:23 PM
XxTRAINEExX
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXiN06 View Post

Credit to Gangsta on Discord
Figured it out! For those of you reading this after me... log in to the game and type the following:

#rules set Character:OldMinMana true

Brian
Old 03-01-2021, 04:03 PM
XxTRAINEExX
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXiN06 View Post

Bummer I spoke too soon. Does a characters status need to be higher than 0? At zero it still does this standard "Spell is interupted" and pushes their mana all the way down to zero.