Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 05-22-2003, 08:20 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Quote:
Could there be a different version of 4.4-DR1 that I should download that has the quests enabled?
Yes you can download the official version via CVS. BTW, never download Telmets source or binaries unless you know exactly what your getting. He makes changes to them after he gets them from us, so who knows what he does with them...
Old 05-31-2003, 02:59 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Default So...

The binaries for 0.4.4-dr1 don't support .qst files?
Old 06-08-2003, 05:20 AM
Krathis
Sarnak

I just wanted to say i love the way you did the quest system wes. its easy and fast.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:01 PM
tsaphemu
Fire Beetle

My .qst files are working with 4.4 dr1, my only problem is that when I say the second part of the quest trigger it says the first along with the second.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:04 PM

Default kk

OK, I wanna know WHERE you write the quests... do you implement them during game? Or do you write them up in a certain program like database or something?
Old 07-08-2003, 11:25 PM
IANumtin
Hill Giant

You can write the quests using "notepad" but when you save them, change the file type to ALL and then save the file with .qst extention. It goes in your emu directory under the folder "quests" (be sure to put it in the correct subfolder for the zone).
Old 07-10-2003, 11:02 AM

Default K cool

Yeah to practice the new Quest system I wrote a quest in Notepad cause it seemed compatible, which Databases include the Quest package? And can anyone include a quick Start to Finish guide on getting the system up and running? n00b at all this but have plenty of time to learn...
Old 07-11-2003, 05:17 PM
cannonalldex
Sarnak

try placing the quest folder in C:\eqemu\binary\Quests

then inside the quest folder you will need the name of the zone you want the quest in C:\eqemu\binary\Quests\Qeynos

then name the .qst file after the npcid number of the npc you want to use the quest. for instance, captain tillan, i do a #npcstats or #showstats while targeting captain tillan and see that his npcid number is 1000. i would name the file 1000.qst. and place it into the Qeynos folder.

C:\eqemu\binary\Quests\Qeynos

the zone has to reboot for the quest to work, if not rebooted, and someone is in zone you can do #reloadqst and this will clear the .qst memory cache. good luck.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:55 PM
zanny_1
Fire Beetle

Default NPC's not casting

I can get all the other commands i have tried to work in the scripts, except i can't get an npc to cast in a quest situation. I have put text before and after the cast command(s) and the npc will say the text but seems to just disregard the cast commands.. could someone give me an example of an npc casting a translocate spell on the hailer?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-12-2003, 06:16 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

here is example of working soulbinder -

EVENT_SAY{
if ($1-=~ "Hail"){ say("Greetings $name . When a hero of our world is slain. their soul returns to the place it was last bound and the body is reincarnated. As a member of the Order of Eternity. it is my duty to [bind your soul] to this location if that is your wish.") }
if ($1-=~ "bind my soul"){ say("Very well. You will return to this spot when you die.") castspell("$userid","2049")) }
/*END of FILE Zone:freporte ID:5552 -- Soulbinder_Grunson */
Old 08-07-2004, 05:53 AM
gottasummer
Discordant

thanks for the guide! Seems like a good alternative to perl, my final server I am gonna publish on only has activestate perl and, it doesnt have quests yet so whatever will run best.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:52 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottasummer
thanks for the guide! Seems like a good alternative to perl, my final server I am gonna publish on only has activestate perl and, it doesnt have quests yet so whatever will run best.
QST is no longer supported in EQEMu I believe.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.