Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:56 AM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Default Stuck trying to make server help!

Ok so the guide im using is

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...rverSetupGuide

I am using Windows7 OS. Currently Im on step 9 just after getting everything installed (software wise).
"9. Open up the MS Visual C++ 2008 Program that you installed.

Click on "File" and scroll down to "Open" and from that menu "Project/Solution"
The browser will pop up and you will navigate to C: drive to the source folder.
Inside the source folder is trunk folder. Inside that one is EQEmuServer folder.
Click on that folder and inside, one of the files Server.sln (NOT Server71).
Click on Server.sln and click open.(this file will have a number "9" on it)
"

After i go to the source folder > trunk > EQEmuServer > the file "Server.sln" appears to not be there is there anything I can do to get that file to appear? Ive gone so far to just turned away with a missing file would really suck. I have attempted to delete and reload everything and that file seems to still not show up... Please help.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:55 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36281
Old 02-07-2013, 03:38 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Exclamation

Anyone willing to step by step with me to figure out why im stalling out? I know its alot to ask. Just hope someone has some time to help me get rolling, getting started is the hard part not knowing if I have the right software is always questioned with how many different guides are out there and what they sugguest I get if anyone could take a look see would be greatly helpful!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Disorder
Hill Giant

What do you mean by stalling out?
Old 02-07-2013, 05:50 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

It seems by the guide, I have ran out of step and still dont have a server up and running, kinda want to know of any current working guides or pick the mind of someone who can get a server up and going is all...Just finished the Cmake I have 13 configs rows here to look at with a number of things on them, Ive pressed confure, then generate. After this part the guide really dosent go into getting a server up and going or anything else, Ive only used the source files, and not the build folder as of yet to do anything.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Disorder
Hill Giant

Open up C++ and open the eqemu file created by cmake. Build a solution as directed in step 9, and continue on
Old 02-08-2013, 07:08 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Default After Cmake..

So after Cmake, and opening up VS 2012(As I tried 08 and the doc said I needed to use a newer VS to do this) I was able to open EMUserver doc and build it / clean it, I got this at the end of it

========== Clean: 14 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 skipped ==========

Good rate but well over the number I should have had (guide stated 5 lol) Did I build it wrong? Im moving down the guide and gonna see how well it goes.

Just after finishing the build the outcome is

========== Build: 12 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

:( Not what I was hoping for :( lol.

Last edited by rlie_0; 02-08-2013 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: An update.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:10 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Default CMake...then?

Ok I finished Steps 1 to 8 on this guide:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32980

No problems there was rather simple to get upto that point, once there I followed this guid for Cmake updated part of this:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=CMake

Worked like a charm, becoming easier to get the steps down once all the software is located downloaded, and installed. Once after that I go back to the frist link on this post to attempt step 9.

The browser will pop up and you will navigate to C: drive to the source folder.
Inside the source folder is trunk folder. Inside that one is EQEmuServer folder.
Click on that folder and inside, one of the files Server.sln (NOT Server71).
Click on Server.sln and click open.(this file will have a number "9" on it)

This part of step nine has me left in the dark. I look for that file, "Server.sln" and I cant find it in that folder nor in the "build" (which came from the CMake program's configure and generate) the only doc that shows up (in the EMUServer folder or Build Folder) is a file named "EQEmu". Any sugguestions on where I went wrong or need to look?
Old 02-08-2013, 08:19 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

it's called EQEmu.sln, and it's in the folder you designated as your build directory in CMake.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Ok, I can open that one, but in VS 2012, I use VS 2008 it tells me in a warning box it can not be opened as VS 2008 is to old? to open and do this, would this still work with VS 2012?

Last edited by rlie_0; 02-08-2013 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: Typo!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:54 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

oh, for the love of.... use the version of VS you built for in CMake

the latest compile guide clearly states you should use 2010 or above

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35722
Old 02-08-2013, 09:03 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Smile

Correct, was just read off the guide, Thanks for the sugguestions moving forward and progressing now, just playing that waitting game it takes for the computer to compile atm. Sorry for being frusterating and confusing at points really new to this but thanks a million for helping! Im really thankful for that
Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I use 2008 with CMake and it works fine. But yeah, you need to tell CMake to generate files for the version you're using.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

K its making more sense now that im getting deeper into it. I have both 08 and 12 on my computer, 08 isnt running it...I get into 12 and Im getting 2 fails and 7 passes other 2 are at zero. Im still over the 5 the guide im reading is saying I should have going to get myself 2010 and redo Cmake under 10 and use VS 10 to see if it changes my outcome.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

If you generated a solution for 2012 then yes, 2008 won't open it. No shock there.

If you actually posted the errors we could probably tell you how to fix them, but if you want to keep flailing around hoping it'll fix itself, carry on.