Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 04-27-2008, 02:06 PM
dilxar
Fire Beetle

Default going INSANE trying to get quests up

Sorry to ask but I really need help. I've researched this problem forever and seen many others in the forums with the same problem but haven't seen an answer yet. I have a server up running with:

XP SP2
EqEmu 1104
MySql 5.0
Perl 5.8.8
PEQ db and quests

My problem is that no quests work at all. When I check the log file eqemu_quest_zone_XXXX.log, every single quest for every zone has the exact same error. here's an example from The Nexus:

[04.27. - 10:55:50] WARNING: error compiling quest file quests/nexus/Velious_Scion.pl: Perl runtime error: Undefined subroutine &main::eval_file called. (reverting to default questfile)

The perl install is working fine. I can run scripts outside of eqemu.

I know some basics of perl. Mostly I'm a hack but I don't understand what it's trying to call when it says "&main::eval_file". I'm wondering if it has something to do with default scripts. I notice that every zone has an error compiling "/templates/player.pl". But there is no player.pl in /quests/templates. Should there be? If so it didn't come with the PEQ install.

I've run out of ideas for what could be the problem. I know others have had it too. Has anyone out there found a fix? If not does any kind person have a suggestion about what to try next?

Thank you,
D
Old 04-27-2008, 02:10 PM
cole89103
Banned

install dbd-mysql and io-stringy in the ppm (perl package manager)
Old 04-27-2008, 03:34 PM
dilxar
Fire Beetle

sorry forgot to mention, I installed DBI, DBD-MySql, and IO-Stringy from ppm, as required in the install guide. This is all still happening.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:26 PM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

There are 2 versions of DBI that you can install. I found that unless I had both, pearl didn't function correctly with the emulator. DBI versions should be 1.58 and 1.602. You also checked the boxes "Add pearl to the PATH environment variable" and "create pearl file extension association" when you installed Pearl right? If not, reinstall pearl.

Also you might want to check your MYSQL version. 5.8.8-822 is what I am running and it works, but I know other 5.8.8 and higher versions don't seem to function correctly. Either downgrade or let me know if you need 5.8.8-822 and I can get it to you.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:36 PM
dilxar
Fire Beetle

thanks for the reply!

Currently using MySql essentials 5.0.51a

Perl and the bin subdirectories are all in my PATH variable

I attempted to install Perl DBI 1.58 but it the option to mark it for install is greyed out because I already have DBI 1.6 installed. If I remove 1.6 and then try to install 1.58 is just automatically grabs 1.6 instead as the most current DBI. Not sure how to install both at once since one seems to update the other.

I'll try grabbing a higher version of MySql and see what happends but I have a feeling that won't make a difference with the Perl issue. But I'll give it a try.

Thanks again,
d
Old 04-27-2008, 05:52 PM
cole89103
Banned

i use that version of mysql try the peq serverpack installer its what i use and works wonderfully the only other option would be to compile the server yourself with the latest source code using visual studio 2005 or visual c++ express