Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-20-2020, 07:41 PM
Newneedhelp
Fire Beetle

Default First post search all over but count find answer

Hello I recently decided to start my own server I used Akkas installer and have had titanium up and running for days up to velious zones cannot access luclin + even with #gmzone ## and selecting GM instance. however that is what leads me to a different question

Luckily last night I obtained a fresh copy of the original download from steam source code I need to used the files to update my server so I can unlock and add all the new zones and options but I cannot find a valid link as to how to used all the files in the Rof download folder I have to update my current server I have searched but most posts I find assume its a fresh install or the links don't work anymore

Can someone help me with what I files and where I place into my server folder and what to do after to get it updated or point me to where I can find the info? somewhere with current info?

Have spent days learning and playing and updating stuff on my own reading tons of posts but am stuck here

Thanks

J
Sorry couldn't edit the titled meant couldn't*

Last edited by Newneedhelp; 04-20-2020 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 04-20-2020, 10:26 PM
Newneedhelp
Fire Beetle

sorry I am not trying to get anyone to do the work for me, I have learned more the past few days and managed to not need help setting, running, and editing my server, I just didn not thing I would get the rof client so now that I have it I need to add the files to my server from the client source? I want to be able to have myself and my friends access as many zones as possible and have all the QoL features eq has added since titanium, thank you for any help

I don't mind starting me server over or reading a ton I just cant seem to find the info so I can learn myself

Thanks

I do know I will need to adjust the rules values ect to unlock the zones, i'm just not sure how to add or what to add from the rof client download to my already existing server the more I undertand the more I can learn myself as I am having a blast and would like to learn and eventually contribute

Last edited by Newneedhelp; 04-20-2020 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: to add more
Old 04-22-2020, 02:26 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

I'll look into this for you and get back to you probobly tommorow.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:40 AM
Newneedhelp
Fire Beetle

Thanks a bunch so far it seems that only the client not the server itself needs the files? I launched from the shortcut with patch me logged into my server ….and... Yay! now I can click items inside of bags so my only issues are figuring out why zones past velious can not be accessed and to see if I can use bigger bags than 10 slots!

Cheers
Old 04-22-2020, 09:18 AM
Newneedhelp
Fire Beetle

Ok well I have been up all night but I got all zones up and running, the only issue I have is figuring out how to activate AAs for players, I open the AA window in game and its blank
Old 04-23-2020, 02:21 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Sorry been a busy day, so the AA is a file that you need to put on the client as well if its not there. Causes no AA to show up if the file is missing. it should be on the client already. So if it is there on the client than the problem relies on the server side.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:22 PM
Newneedhelp
Fire Beetle

Thanks for trying to help me with my issues I really do appreciate it. I just cant seem to figure this out, maybe I am over thinking it and the answer is an easy one but..

I looked for any setting under rules or variables to enable AAs and could not find one
I also opened my eqclient and changed HideAltAdvWindow=TRUE to FALSE
but when I log in the AA window is still blank and if I camp out and reopen my Eqclient in my directory it resets HideAltAdvWindow= to TRUE

any idea what I am dong wrong?

I can now access all zones through RoFear and when in the world it reports that I am using the RoF_2 client I just cant find the rule/variable/ client directory changes needed to see the AAs

Also - there is now way to see negative effects on the mob in the target window or set bag spaces in a container above 10 correct?
Old 04-29-2020, 01:44 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

The AA file on your client may be corrupt, If the file on the client doesn't match the server that would cause it to show up blank as well.