Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-12-2020, 06:39 PM
cloudshear
Fire Beetle

Default New server install. Zone problems.

Hello everyone

I would first like to say thank you to all the people who have contributed to this project over the years. You have done an amazing job! We are very grateful for all your hard work.

Now for the two issues I am having with our new server..

We used the new install server program to get the server running and followed all the instructions to get it set up with the private login server for lan use. We used our eq titanium disk set for the client.

My first problem is a small one. When attempting to zone into Highpass from Kithicor it says entering unknown zone. Then the client crashes with the message "cannot find the zone file VFJ". I can still enter Highpass from East Karana with no problems. If there is no easy fix for that one I can just let everyone know to enter through Karana.

My second problem is with Nektulos Forest. When I zone from the pok I am stuck on a bridge and can't move. If I enter through East Commons I am floating in blackness with the npcs raining down all around me.
I tried to follow the client fixes on this thread http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ighlight=misty.
After that I can zone in from East Commons but cannot zone back. Nor can I zone to lavastorm. If I come from pok I am stuck in a tree. All the npcs seem to be raining down as well.

Is there a simple way to fix this? I have no experience editing the database for the server. Could it be corrected somehow on the gm account? Or would it be possible to turn on the new zone version to fix it. Right now my main concern is getting to lavastorm so if npc spawns are not working that is fine.

Thanks for an help in advance.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:05 PM
sklead
Sarnak

Not sure about the first issue, but for the second one it's because you used the Titanium disk for the client. Titanium uses the old Lavastorm and Nektulos zones, so you need to delete the following files (if you want the old versions):

Code:
arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
If you want the new zones, you need to use the RoF2 client
Old 12-13-2020, 12:05 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklead View Post
Titanium supports all the those "revamped" versions of those older zones. But you have a choice of what client/s you want to build your server around. But whatever your choice is, you have a lot of work to do, fixing/altering doors, zone points, etc., in the database. I've done lots of this in the past, with various projects involving older and newer clients. it doesn't come easy.

Some of those stones in the Pok are run by script, but I always preferred to have most doors and zone entries run from the database. Titanium uses a different client version bitmask than RoF2, but using a universal one, (4294967295 for all clients) makes life easier. have fun learning all about the database people.

PS - Learning how to run sql queries can make things easier in the long run.
Old 12-13-2020, 11:50 PM
cloudshear
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklead View Post
Not sure about the first issue, but for the second one it's because you used the Titanium disk for the client. Titanium uses the old Lavastorm and Nektulos zones, so you need to delete the following files (if you want the old versions):

Code:
arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
I believe those are the files I deleted from following the guide in the thread I linked above. That made it possible to zone into Nektulos. But once I enter all the zone lines are broken so you can't leave without using a gm account to port yourself.

I really don't care which version of the zone I use. I just want one that can be zoned into and ran through to get into Lavastorm.

I guess what I am mainly asking is what version of the zone does the default server install use? And which client will be compatible with that? Or is both versions of Nektulos Forest broken by default?( as in anyone who downloads the server can't use Nektulos without editing the database.)

Thanks again for your help guys.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:19 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudshear View Post
I guess what I am mainly asking is what version of the zone does the default server install use?
The current Emu project, including source code and default database will support any of the "supported' clients (Titanium, SoF, UF or RoF/2), but the current peq project is focusing more around the RoF2 client than others, so most zoning would be working with that client.

Using older clients, (like Titanium or SoF), you will have work to do in the database. There is no getting aorund it. If you truly want to avoid digging into the database editing, you would probably have a smoother run at downloading the RoF2 client and using that. (it runs a lot smoother anyways)
Old 12-20-2020, 02:00 AM
cloudshear
Fire Beetle

Hi everyone,
I'd like to thank you all for your help and suggestions. I switched to the RoF2 client and everything is working perfectly now!
Old 03-06-2021, 03:40 PM
ahamilton634
Sarnak

Sorry to necro this post, but I'm having the same issue on ROF2 client.
I noticed in the database there are two versions of the zone. Version 0 seems to be having issues, however, version 1 seems to be semi working. I'd like to use the original version of Nektulos, but when I zone into version 1, none of the spawns seem to be in the right spot. In version 0, they seem to be in the right spot, but I can't move. This is the one I zone into when I use the gm command "#zone nektulos".
I also noticed in the database that the two zones seem to use different map_file_names. Version 0 uses "nektulos_classic" and version 1 uses "nektulos". Could this be impacting it? I can't seem to figure out what else is different between the two versions.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:45 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamilton634 View Post
I'd like to use the original version of Nektulos,
First, as posted in this thread, in your RoF2 client folder, you need to rename (or delete) these 2 files:
nektulos.eqg

Zoning into some of these older versions with the #GM command, can put your toon into a predicament. Testing it by entering normal through a zone point makes it easier. If you put your #GM on and #zone neriaka, you are close to the nektulos zone in from there. It's great for testing while you get the old version working.
Old 03-06-2021, 05:59 PM
ahamilton634
Sarnak

Thanks for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
First, as posted in this thread, in your RoF2 client folder, you need to rename (or delete) these 2 files:
nektulos.eqg
I already took care of removing those files. I even made sure the files listed in the link above were present, but the .eqg and emitters files were removed.

Quote:
Zoning into some of these older versions with the #GM command, can put your toon into a predicament. Testing it by entering normal through a zone point makes it easier. If you put your #GM on and #zone neriaka, you are close to the nektulos zone in from there. It's great for testing while you get the old version working.
I tried that as well. I found that there were two overlapping zone points. One kept sending me to version 1, which semi worked. When I disabled that zone point and set the version 0 zone point to work for my client version, it sent me to version 0, but I'm encountering invisible walls near the Neriak entrance. I even tried using the #goto command to jump to npcs, but couldn't move with most of the ones by the bridge. It's as if the collision doesn't match the zone geometry.
Old 03-06-2021, 06:23 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

In your zone_points table, column client_version_mask I have all mine set to 4294967295 (meaning all clients)
Old 03-06-2021, 07:17 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

By the way, as a last resort, BACKING UP YOUR DATABASE FIRST,

Running this query will set the pok stone, doors and zone points for using old nektulos. making sure you have the nektulos.s3d files in your client folder for it. Once you disable the .eqg it will look for the .s3d files (old version)

Code:
UPDATE `doors` SET `doorid` = 20, `zone` = 'PoKnowledge', `version` = 0, `name` = 'POKNRKPORT500', `pos_y` = -909.187, `pos_x` = 131.793, `pos_z` = -156.148, `heading` = 256, `opentype` = 58, `guild` = 0, `lockpick` = 0, `keyitem` = 0, `nokeyring` = 0, `altkeyitem` = 0, `triggerdoor` = 0, `triggertype` = 0, `disable_timer` = 0, `doorisopen` = 0, `door_param` = 0, `dest_zone` = 'Nektulos', `dest_instance` = 0, `dest_x` = -345.42, `dest_y` = 733.98, `dest_z` = -5.57, `dest_heading` = 128, `invert_state` = 0, `incline` = 0, `size` = 100, `buffer` = 0, `client_version_mask` = 4294967295, `is_ldon_door` = 0, `min_expansion` = 0, `max_expansion` = 0, `content_flags` = NULL, `content_flags_disabled` = NULL WHERE `id` = 2057;

UPDATE `zone` SET `short_name` = 'nektulos', `file_name` = '', `long_name` = 'The Nektulos Forest', `map_file_name` = 'nektulos', `safe_x` = 235, `safe_y` = -911, `safe_z` = 24, `graveyard_id` = 0, `min_level` = 0, `min_status` = 0, `zoneidnumber` = 25, `version` = 0, `timezone` = 0, `maxclients` = 0, `ruleset` = 1, `note` = NULL, `underworld` = -189, `minclip` = 50, `maxclip` = 1500, `fog_minclip` = 10, `fog_maxclip` = 1500, `fog_blue` = 70, `fog_red` = 80, `fog_green` = 90, `sky` = 1, `ztype` = 255, `zone_exp_multiplier` = 2.00, `walkspeed` = 0.4, `time_type` = 1, `fog_red1` = 0, `fog_green1` = 0, `fog_blue1` = 0, `fog_minclip1` = 450, `fog_maxclip1` = 450, `fog_red2` = 80, `fog_green2` = 90, `fog_blue2` = 70, `fog_minclip2` = 10, `fog_maxclip2` = 500, `fog_red3` = 80, `fog_green3` = 90, `fog_blue3` = 70, `fog_minclip3` = 10, `fog_maxclip3` = 500, `fog_red4` = 80, `fog_green4` = 90, `fog_blue4` = 70, `fog_minclip4` = 10, `fog_maxclip4` = 500, `fog_density` = 0.33, `flag_needed` = '', `canbind` = 0, `cancombat` = 1, `canlevitate` = 1, `castoutdoor` = 1, `hotzone` = 0, `insttype` = 0, `shutdowndelay` = 5000, `peqzone` = 0, `expansion` = 1, `suspendbuffs` = 0, `rain_chance1` = 10, `rain_chance2` = 10, `rain_chance3` = 5, `rain_chance4` = 5, `rain_duration1` = 2, `rain_duration2` = 3, `rain_duration3` = 1, `rain_duration4` = 2, `snow_chance1` = 0, `snow_chance2` = 0, `snow_chance3` = 0, `snow_chance4` = 0, `snow_duration1` = 0, `snow_duration2` = 0, `snow_duration3` = 0, `snow_duration4` = 0, `gravity` = 0.4, `type` = 1, `skylock` = 0, `fast_regen_hp` = 180, `fast_regen_mana` = 180, `fast_regen_endurance` = 180, `npc_max_aggro_dist` = 2000, `max_movement_update_range` = 600, `min_expansion` = 0, `max_expansion` = 0, `content_flags` = NULL, `content_flags_disabled` = NULL, `underworld_teleport_index` = 0 WHERE `id` = 439;
UPDATE `zone` SET `short_name` = 'nektulos', `file_name` = NULL, `long_name` = 'The Nektulos Forest', `map_file_name` = NULL, `safe_x` = 235, `safe_y` = -911, `safe_z` = 24, `graveyard_id` = 0, `min_level` = 0, `min_status` = 0, `zoneidnumber` = 25, `version` = 0, `timezone` = 0, `maxclients` = 0, `ruleset` = 1, `note` = NULL, `underworld` = -189, `minclip` = 200, `maxclip` = 500, `fog_minclip` = 10, `fog_maxclip` = 400, `fog_blue` = 70, `fog_red` = 80, `fog_green` = 90, `sky` = 0, `ztype` = 255, `zone_exp_multiplier` = 2.00, `walkspeed` = 0.4, `time_type` = 1, `fog_red1` = 0, `fog_green1` = 0, `fog_blue1` = 0, `fog_minclip1` = 450, `fog_maxclip1` = 450, `fog_red2` = 80, `fog_green2` = 90, `fog_blue2` = 70, `fog_minclip2` = 10, `fog_maxclip2` = 400, `fog_red3` = 80, `fog_green3` = 90, `fog_blue3` = 70, `fog_minclip3` = 10, `fog_maxclip3` = 400, `fog_red4` = 80, `fog_green4` = 90, `fog_blue4` = 70, `fog_minclip4` = 10, `fog_maxclip4` = 400, `fog_density` = 0.1, `flag_needed` = '', `canbind` = 0, `cancombat` = 1, `canlevitate` = 1, `castoutdoor` = 1, `hotzone` = 0, `insttype` = 0, `shutdowndelay` = 5000, `peqzone` = 0, `expansion` = 1, `suspendbuffs` = 0, `rain_chance1` = 0, `rain_chance2` = 10, `rain_chance3` = 5, `rain_chance4` = 0, `rain_duration1` = 0, `rain_duration2` = 5, `rain_duration3` = 1, `rain_duration4` = 0, `snow_chance1` = 10, `snow_chance2` = 0, `snow_chance3` = 0, `snow_chance4` = 10, `snow_duration1` = 5, `snow_duration2` = 0, `snow_duration3` = 0, `snow_duration4` = 2, `gravity` = 0.4, `type` = 1, `skylock` = 0, `fast_regen_hp` = 180, `fast_regen_mana` = 180, `fast_regen_endurance` = 180, `npc_max_aggro_dist` = 2000, `max_movement_update_range` = 600, `min_expansion` = 0, `max_expansion` = 0, `content_flags` = NULL, `content_flags_disabled` = NULL, `underworld_teleport_index` = 0 WHERE `id` = 246;

UPDATE `zone_points` SET `zone` = 'neriaka', `version` = 0, `number` = 3, `y` = 29, `x` = 155, `z` = 30, `heading` = 0, `target_y` = 2252, `target_x` = -1109, `target_z` = 2.19, `target_heading` = 0, `zoneinst` = 0, `target_zone_id` = 25, `target_instance` = 0, `buffer` = 0, `client_version_mask` = 4294967295, `min_expansion` = 0, `max_expansion` = 0, `content_flags` = NULL, `content_flags_disabled` = NULL, `is_virtual` = 0, `height` = 0, `width` = 0 WHERE `id` = 415;
UPDATE `zone_points` SET `zone` = 'ecommons', `version` = 0, `number` = 4, `y` = 0, `x` = 0, `z` = 0, `heading` = 0, `target_y` = -2694, `target_x` = -642, `target_z` = -18, `target_heading` = 64, `zoneinst` = 0, `target_zone_id` = 25, `target_instance` = 0, `buffer` = 0, `client_version_mask` = 4294967295, `min_expansion` = 0, `max_expansion` = 0, `content_flags` = NULL, `content_flags_disabled` = NULL, `is_virtual` = 0, `height` = 0, `width` = 0 WHERE `id` = 53;
UPDATE `zone_points` SET `zone` = 'lavastorm', `version` = 0, `number` = 25, `y` = -2117.83, `x` = -194.11, `z` = -16.45, `heading` = 0, `target_y` = 3107, `target_x` = 289, `target_z` = -17, `target_heading` = 256, `zoneinst` = 0, `target_zone_id` = 25, `target_instance` = 0, `buffer` = 0, `client_version_mask` = 4294967295, `min_expansion` = 0, `max_expansion` = 0, `content_flags` = NULL, `content_flags_disabled` = NULL, `is_virtual` = 0, `height` = 0, `width` = 0 WHERE `id` = 2297;
UPDATE `zone_points` SET `zone` = 'poknowledge', `version` = 0, `number` = 17, `y` = 0, `x` = 0, `z` = 0, `heading` = 0, `target_y` = 705, `target_x` = -349, `target_z` = -4, `target_heading` = 80, `zoneinst` = 0, `target_zone_id` = 25, `target_instance` = 0, `buffer` = 0, `client_version_mask` = 4294967295, `min_expansion` = 0, `max_expansion` = 0, `content_flags` = NULL, `content_flags_disabled` = NULL, `is_virtual` = 0, `height` = 0, `width` = 0 WHERE `id` = 468;
Old 07-15-2021, 09:45 AM
Vire70
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamilton634 View Post
I tried that as well. I found that there were two overlapping zone points. One kept sending me to version 1, which semi worked. When I disabled that zone point and set the version 0 zone point to work for my client version, it sent me to version 0, but I'm encountering invisible walls near the Neriak entrance. I even tried using the #goto command to jump to npcs, but couldn't move with most of the ones by the bridge. It's as if the collision doesn't match the zone geometry.
I wonder, did you ever resolve this? I have been setting myself up a server today/last night and getting Nektulos to zone right has been a real stumbling block for me.

I found that after deleting the 'new' Nektulos.eqg files that I could load the classic Nektulos alright... but there's two 'versions' of the old zone, version 0 which for me has functioning zone points (to go out into ecom/lava/neriaka), but then when I go out into one of those zones and zone back into nektulos, it sends me to nektulos version 1, which doesn't have functioning zone points (and I can't even find a reference to it in zone points).

If I do #zone nektulos it sends me to version 0, from where I can zone out normally at the correct points. But I can't figure out why if you zone in from neriaka/ecom/lava that it sends you to version 1 of the map when there's no clear reference to that in the database.

I even went to zones and deleted the nektulos version 1 entry altogether (ID 439), and it still sends me to that zone in game.

As a side note, not a single NPC is spawning in nektulos for me (either version 0 or 1) so maybe that's related.

Pertinent details: This server is a fresh PEQ install, running on a clean ROF2 client (with deleted .eqg files; trying to get classic maps to load).

[EDIT]: Okay, so I figured the issue out and fixed it. It suddenly leapt out at me as I was looking at another forum posts of Huppy's (from here) where I think I took some of his SQL code earlier to set up the zone points for Nektulos.
I guess it was meant to set it up for the 'new' Nektulos, and so the target instance on one of my Neriaka (and ecom and lava) was set to 1 instead of 0. Changed to 0 and now it's fixed.
Now on to figuring out why 0 npcs spawn, lol.
[EDIT2electricBoogaloo] Which if anyone else has happen to them, as they probably will if they ever try switching to <10 expansions via Rule settings on PEQ, I fixed that over here.

Last edited by Vire70; 07-15-2021 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: UPDATE