Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:43 AM
Quientus
Sarnak

Default Command access levels anno 2013

Greetings again,

- I've just recently started playing around with eqemu, so bear with me

My little playground is finally up and running and so far everything is running smoothly, with one exception;

I'm having a little trouble with figuring out where to find and how to edit the access levels for the various (gm)commands ...
- I'm referring to those access levels that earlier required you to edit in the addon.ini file, as the wiki page hasn't been updated on that (as of yet)

Appreciate the help and thanks in advance

Regards,

Last edited by Quientus; 02-28-2013 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: Clarifikation
Old 02-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

There is a table called 'Commands', you can edit all access levels there. You may also want to do the below query. The default value for this command is 0, since there is no set value in the commands table this query will add it with a status of 255.

Code:
INSERT INTO commands VALUES ('reloadworld', 255, "reloads all quests and repops all NPCs");
Old 02-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Quientus
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamthos View Post
There is a table called 'Commands', you can edit all access levels there. You may also want to do the below query. The default value for this command is 0, since there is no set value in the commands table this query will add it with a status of 255.

Code:
INSERT INTO commands VALUES ('reloadworld', 255, "reloads all quests and repops all NPCs");
Ok, but since I'm still rather new at this, I have to ask, (I assume firing up MySQL prompt), what does the value 255 do ? Because I just want to make sure that the default access level of 0 (zero) doesn't enable new accounts to be able to use #zone, #search, #summonitem etc etc

Also which programme should I use to edit the commands table ?

Thanks !
Old 02-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

255 Would be Administrator status, or GM-Impossible. You can use Navicat or HeidiSQL, you can find them on Google, but you won't necessarily get the full version unless you take a sail.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Quientus
Sarnak

Quote:
255 Would be Administrator status, or GM-Impossible. You can use Navicat or HeidiSQL, you can find them on Google, but you won't necessarily get the full version unless you take a sail.
Ok, I got HeidiSQL. So setting it to 255 means all commands need admin status ?
Old 02-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Lets not pollute the forums with "piracy" talk. HeidiSQL is open source.......Navicat isn't, good...he has heidi. also, that SQL statement you "copy and pasted" does not really do what he asks, it shows the format of how the table is, but it can be achieved without an insert statement....

Old 02-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Quientus
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
Lets not pollute the forums with "piracy" talk. HeidiSQL is open source.......Navicat isn't, good...he has heidi. also, that SQL statement you "copy and pasted" does not really do what he asks, it shows the format of how the table is, but it can be achieved without an insert statement....
So is there another way without an insert statement or just set each command via Heidi ?

Thanks !
Old 02-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

I wasn't talking about piracy, you can add them in manually or run the SQL query, either way will accomplish the task you want to be done. Now, you can do a mass update of the database, do you want everything to be 255? I don't quite understand what you want your access levels to be like.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Quientus
Sarnak

Quote:
I wasn't talking about piracy, you can add them in manually or run the SQL query, either way will accomplish the task you want to be done. Now, you can do a mass update of the database, do you want everything to be 255? I don't quite understand what you want your access levels to be like.
I was actually going by the list in the wiki, however even level 0 has access to #search, #summonitem etc, so I just wanted to increase the access level required for those to higher (than the 0 default), so that new characters don't start out with some powers they shouldn't have. - hope thát made sense heh

In short probably same levels and access as if it (server) was legit (I think)
Old 02-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

All right, so what you'll want to do is go in the 'Commands' table and change the values of each of the commands access levels to whatever you want them to be, also, your eqemu_config.xml may still have a default status of 20, if so, change all the commands to above access 20 if you don't want players to have access to any of them whatsoever.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Quientus
Sarnak

Quote:
All right, so what you'll want to do is go in the 'Commands' table and change the values of each of the commands access levels to whatever you want them to be, also, your eqemu_config.xml may still have a default status of 20, if so, change all the commands to above access 20 if you don't want players to have access to any of them whatsoever.
I set the default stat at 0 when I created the _config.xml. Was just "thrown off" when I read the wiki about the addon.ini file which I uppen further search found out had been rendered obselete hehe.

Thanks for the help I'll go to work on the 'Commands' table now.

Btw someone should add this to the stickied windows server setup guide