Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-09-2021, 05:34 PM
ulatekess
Fire Beetle

Default Does a true solo server exist?

Because boxing and bots are not solo

edit: add that I mean all content is soloable
Old 06-10-2021, 02:57 AM
gizmo76
Fire Beetle

Not sure there's many.

I was playing on Imperium for 2 years, but it's headed toward more group/raid content. Has been a great server.

Irreverent was awesome before it disappeared. Wish it was back.

Haven't played many of the other servers, as they all seem to want you to join larger raids and/or Macroquest. I'd prefer not to do that myself. Happy to box a toon or two, but do not want to have to set up automation.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:22 AM
djeryv
Hill Giant

I highly doubt it but then again some people think of solo in many different ways. Some people are better at the game from others so someone who plays the game poorly would have a high expectation of "solo". I setup my server where I can do the things I want to do "solo" but there are many elements are are not solo-able. The bot system was created to solve many of these issues though. Any server that says they are completely solo are really not. You will run into some game element that just isn't.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:09 PM
woton
Sarnak

Me and Fozy are still working on our solo server, no bots or mercs. No idea when we will be finished but were still plugging away. Just like the old Irreverent, well have a challenge zone for max lvl,gear people to co-op on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVpKw39RpvA a taste of what we are trying to do.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:47 PM
rasjaziz
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by woton View Post
Me and Fozy are still working on our solo server, no bots or mercs. No idea when we will be finished but were still plugging away. Just like the old Irreverent, well have a challenge zone for max lvl,gear people to co-op on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVpKw39RpvA a taste of what we are trying to do.
That looks interesting. Is this playable now?
Old 06-11-2021, 09:08 PM
dreadlordnoobcakes
Fire Beetle

Default DreadBox

Shameless plug. 90% of my content is soloable. I have working custom mercs, but some classes solo better than others. Theres only 3 fights that are not solo friendly, and they are optional boss fights meant for 3+ chars.
2 of them can be soloed by almost anyone and the third has been soloed by a couple people.

Link
http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...o&worldid=3151

Last edited by dreadlordnoobcakes; 06-11-2021 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: link
Old 06-11-2021, 09:32 PM
woton
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadlordnoobcakes View Post
Shameless plug. 90% of my content is soloable. I have working custom mercs, but some classes solo better than others. Theres only 3 fights that are not solo friendly, and they are optional boss fights meant for 3+ chars.
2 of them can be soloed by almost anyone and the third has been soloed by a couple people.

Link
Didnt know about this server, ill have to check it out soon. i have a toon on almost every server lol.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:41 PM
woton
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasjaziz View Post
That looks interesting. Is this playable now?
Last year it was playable then we restarted because the pack we were using had issues, then last month we were doing a playthru doing a final tune of the mobs when a server crashed and we lost almost everything. Luckily i had notes on almost everything and we restarted and fozy upgraded his server to avoid data loss. Right now trash mobs are set and im running thru setting raid mobs stats back to what we had. i should be finished with that in a couple more days. After that we will resume testing each raid boss to make sure its soloable. On the server list its simply called testing and i dont mind if anyone logs in and plays around. just be aware that from 5-7 pm est most nights, me and fozy do our work and reset the server to save changes. players wont get wiped, but playing during that time you will get interrupted alot. Raid mobs up thru velious have been set already. Im moving on to luclin next.
Old 07-28-2021, 12:28 PM
fivehigh
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadlordnoobcakes View Post

Link
+1 for Dreadbox. As I said on the other thread, extremely solo friendly and I have yet to encounter anything where I "needed" help. I hate having to box (max I could do anyways is another for healing) and so far I haven't had the need. Tons of stuff to do and the custom zones are def fun. Awesome crowd too, very friendly and willing to help. Highly recommend!