Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-13-2021, 09:19 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider84 View Post
your being a prick about it
You haven't seen me be a prick yet, but pay attention:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splose View Post
Edit: BTW your server is gonna be ASSSSSSS lol.
I was just trying fade off from your bullshit, but nope, you didn't want it that way. You're obviously going to go on and on and never quit. But now you're bashing a server that doesn't exist yet (and never will for the public) and you nothing about it.

So be it Splose. I was selfish and wasn't there for you for all your other servers. TownshipEQ, EQAwakened, Area51, EQInfinity, (kingly's) Rise of Norrath. Whatever happened to those ?
And now EQEmpires. Don't worry. I will help promote yours too. (all over the internet)

Be seeing you Splose .....
Old 03-13-2021, 10:13 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
No worries. I don't think anyone is really getting angry just kinda tired of trying to help someone and they're constantly a douche to you when they answer you lol.

Check your zone_points table. Running this will give you the 2 zonelines that go to solro temple. I would try and make them virtual zone lines and see if that makes a difference.

Code:
select * from zone_points where zone = 'lavastorm' and target_zone_id = 80;

Hyyr, I went ahead and copied my 2 working zone lines from my zone_points table as an update query. I would recommend backing up your zone_points table and running these 2 queries. They will change whatever you have to what I have (assuming yours is any different).

Note: If your database is not named 'peq' you will have to change it accordingly. I took these from a stock PEQ db with 0 changes so I would assume our schema should line up. The 2 IDs my zone_points have are 1877 and 1882 if yours are different update it at the end of the queries.
Code:
UPDATE `peq`.`zone_points` SET `zone` = 'lavastorm', `version` = 0, `number` = 20, `y` = 0, `x` = 0, `z` = 0, `heading` = 0, `target_y` = 250, `target_x` = 56, `target_z` = 3, `target_heading` = 65, `zoneinst` = 0, `target_zone_id` = 80, `target_instance` = 0, `buffer` = 0, `client_version_mask` = 4294967295, `min_expansion` = 0, `max_expansion` = 0, `content_flags` = NULL, `content_flags_disabled` = NULL, `is_virtual` = 0, `height` = 0, `width` = 0 WHERE `id` = 1877;
UPDATE `peq`.`zone_points` SET `zone` = 'lavastorm', `version` = 0, `number` = 88, `y` = 1360, `x` = -1650, `z` = -105, `heading` = 0, `target_y` = 250, `target_x` = 56, `target_z` = 3, `target_heading` = 999, `zoneinst` = 0, `target_zone_id` = 80, `target_instance` = 0, `buffer` = 0, `client_version_mask` = 4294967295, `min_expansion` = 0, `max_expansion` = 0, `content_flags` = NULL, `content_flags_disabled` = NULL, `is_virtual` = 0, `height` = 0, `width` = 0 WHERE `id` = 1882;
Lemme know what you get from this.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:41 PM
Hyyr
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Check your zone_points table. Running this will give you the 2 zonelines that go to solro temple. I would try and make them virtual zone lines and see if that makes a difference.
I actually only have a single entry for zone 80. This is ID1882. There was an ID1877 entry that I deleted, as it was identical to the other except the first set of coordinates y x z (not target_y, etc) which were set to 0,0,0.

I'm not sure how the first set of coordinates works, as it doesn't appear to match anything relevant. Nor do I know why there was a second entry for the same zone, with 0,0,0 as the first set. Could this be the reason I am having problems? I can add this line (ID1877) back in, but why would I need two zone points, when the client masks are the same?

I made the slight zone in modifications suggested above, but I still get ported into zone 31 (Sol A) instead of zone 80.

What do you mean by "virtual zone"? I did set up the invisible-NPC-zoning trick, but I would like to get the actual zone point working if I can. Is that what you meant?

Thanks very much in advance!
Old 03-13-2021, 10:44 PM
Hyyr
Fire Beetle

I'm working on your response. I'll let you know how it works. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2021, 11:47 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyyr View Post
I'm working on your response. I'll let you know how it works. Thanks!
Since you deleted one you can probably just delete the other one and run these instead. Might be a bit simpler.

Code:
INSERT INTO `peq`.`zone_points`(`id`, `zone`, `version`, `number`, `y`, `x`, `z`, `heading`, `target_y`, `target_x`, `target_z`, `target_heading`, `zoneinst`, `target_zone_id`, `target_instance`, `buffer`, `client_version_mask`, `min_expansion`, `max_expansion`, `content_flags`, `content_flags_disabled`, `is_virtual`, `height`, `width`) VALUES (1877, 'lavastorm', 0, 20, 0, 0, 0, 0, 250, 56, 3, 65, 0, 80, 0, 0, 4294967295, 0, 0, NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `peq`.`zone_points`(`id`, `zone`, `version`, `number`, `y`, `x`, `z`, `heading`, `target_y`, `target_x`, `target_z`, `target_heading`, `zoneinst`, `target_zone_id`, `target_instance`, `buffer`, `client_version_mask`, `min_expansion`, `max_expansion`, `content_flags`, `content_flags_disabled`, `is_virtual`, `height`, `width`) VALUES (1882, 'lavastorm', 0, 88, 1360, -1650, -105, 0, 250, 56, 3, 999, 0, 80, 0, 0, 4294967295, 0, 0, NULL, NULL, 0, 0, 0);
Old 03-13-2021, 11:57 PM
Hyyr
Fire Beetle

Well, I added the other zone point back in & double-checked everything. I still get sent to zone 31 instead of zone 80 when I hit the Sol Temple zonepoint. When I use #zone 80 it works perfectly. The zone-in to Sol A also works where it should. Very odd, indeed.

I may re-enable my npc zoner for the time being, as I do have better things to work on right away (like repopulating Lavastorm). I'll get back to this later, unless anyone has something else for me to try.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the target_heading setting? The range appears to be 1-512, but it doesn't always work, and I've seen some rows set to absurd numbers like 999 & 20000 & such. Is there a resource for learning what all of the parameters for all of these fields are?

Thanks very much!
Old 03-14-2021, 12:00 AM
Hyyr
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Since you deleted one you can probably just delete the other one and run these instead. Might be a bit simpler.
Those match my zone point entries perfectly. There must be something else wrong in the database.

Thanks for all of your help. Working on this thing is just as fun as playing EQ.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:16 AM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyyr View Post
Does anyone know what the deal is with the target_heading setting? The range appears to be 1-512, but it doesn't always work, and I've seen some rows set to absurd numbers like 999 & 20000 & such. Is there a resource for learning what all of the parameters for all of these fields are?

Thanks very much!

Yeah.. Back in the day we used to have to multiply the heading x2. Can't remember why it was like that as it was a long time ago but those could just be old and a result of that. I believe that thing has since been fixed because I've been using just the heading my #loc gives me and it has been working fine.

You can check some of these pages out. They will sometimes tell you what everything is.

https://eqemu.gitbook.io/database-sc...ries/zone/zone