Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:02 PM
Woodpecker
Fire Beetle

Default Ive done the steps, still cant log in

So i
1. Installed game Titanium
2. Changed the host file to the 5998
3. I made a shortcut to everquest and added "patchme" at the end. I did a space after the " and added patchme
4. I have a eqemulator account and a login account.

I used to play devnoobs server until 2014. Ive done this all before.

What am i mising? I go to log in a it waits, and then says cannot connect to server, check your internet connection blah blah blah. Maybe its doing this on purpose so i cant play this addictive stuff anymore.
Thanks

Aneiric
Delano
Skunkbud
Old 09-27-2020, 02:34 PM
Uleat
Developer

If you're attempting to log into a specific server, make sure that they support the Titanium client.

Server admins are free deviate from the supported clients standard.

I believe PEQ still supports the titanium client and requires no special 'mods' downloads..would be a good place to check.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 09-27-2020, 03:06 PM
Woodpecker
Fire Beetle

IM just trying to get into the server area that lists all the servers to pick from

Ive done the game install and done these two

Step 4 - EQHost File
• In order for your client to connect to the EQEmulator Login Server (and not SOE's EQLive Login Server), you will need to change your eqhost.txt file to point at the correct location. Go into your EverQuest directory and locate the eqhost.txt file. Replace the contents of the file with the following (Remove any trailing spaces):
Tit | SoF
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

Step 5 - Creating Shortcut
• Now, you will need to create a shortcut to launch EverQuest and bypass the EQLive patcher (if this step is not taken, you will launch the patcher and overwrite the EQHost.txt file that you just modified, making you connect to the global EQLive Login Server). To do this, go into your EverQuest directory. Locate the EQGAME.EXE file. Right-click on the file and select "Create Shortcut." You can rename this shortcut and drag it anywhere you'd like (most people like to put it on their desktop). Now, right-click that shortcut and select Properties. In the target box, you will see the path to the eqgame.exe file. We need to edit this so that it will pass an argument to that executable when the shortcut is launched. At the end of the text box (after any parentheses), add "patchme" (no quotes). Your target box should look similar to this:
• "C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

and still doesnt work. hmm
Old 09-27-2020, 05:57 PM
Uleat
Developer

Since you're in a 'protected' directory, you may need to elevate the execution to admin..most people just drop it in their root directory since windows is notorious for privilege issues.

The only other things I can think of would be a firewall issue, ISP blocking or a port hijacking (something else using it) on your computer.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-19-2020, 03:12 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

As long as you edited your eqhost file to

Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998
And you haven't made any changes to your windows host file it should at least connect to the login server. Sure you haven't patched the game in anyway right?
Old 08-08-2021, 07:05 PM
x320
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodpecker View Post
So i
1. Installed game Titanium
2. Changed the host file to the 5998
3. I made a shortcut to everquest and added "patchme" at the end. I did a space after the " and added patchme
4. I have a eqemulator account and a login account.

I used to play devnoobs server until 2014. Ive done this all before.

What am i mising? I go to log in a it waits, and then says cannot connect to server, check your internet connection blah blah blah. Maybe its doing this on purpose so i cant play this addictive stuff anymore.
Thanks

Aneiric
Delano
Skunkbud
(((im going through the forum one by one messaging people who also couldnt log in, in case you had the same issue i did)))

i was following all the correct installation instructions, and i couldnt get past the login screen either! my account was good, my installation was good, and so was my port/firewall, so i didnt know why i couldnt log in.

as a last ditch effort, i installed the patch from project 1999 too and launched from their titanium shortcut in the EQ folder. success! i could log in, and then i could select any server to play from!

here is the guide and the patch link (tho idk if the patch zip dl link will work from here)
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651
https://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files54.zip

good luck!
Old 08-09-2021, 12:02 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Those patch files have nothing to do with the public login server. They are specific to P99 server ONLY. That public login server welcomes all Emu supported clients. (Titanium through to RoF2). I just logged on to server select screen, with a clean Titanium client, then an RoF2 client, no problem.