Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-02-2021, 02:20 PM
GoldenEra
Fire Beetle

Question Client HP bar desync (from spell damage?)

windows installer, running titanium client.

I am having an issue where spell damage on players is causing the clientside HP bar to desync. The weird part is, in the GM Entity Window, if I target myself it does give me the correct HP, but the HP bar shows a different value.

First noticed this fighting hags in unrest, they are wizards and have nasty nukes, I died even though my HP bar was still showing mostly full.

Second time, i was fighting a barbed bone skeleton who has a damage shield, I was on a monk so taking lots of damage from the DS, and i died out of no where when my HP appeared to be mostly full.

Now i'm testing on a shaman with cannibalize - when I cannibalize it says i took 50 points of damage, but my HP bar does not decrease at all. When I target myself and check GM entity window however it does show the correct HP.

I did a search for solutions related to desync'ed HP bars - I've tried changing the rule 'Character:SoDClientUseSoDHPManaEnd' between true and false, restarting the server after making the change, and it does not appear to be having any effect.

Anyone have any idea why the GM Entity window is showing my correct HP when i target myself, but the client HP bar is desynced and not showing the correct HP??

Thanks for anyone who might be able to point me in the right direction!
Old 10-02-2021, 03:25 PM
Splose
Banned

It sounds like a spell file / base data issue. We just put some changes in that drastically improved hp syncing between the server and client.

It is hard to tell whether its those changes that are your issue or your files.
Old 10-02-2021, 04:49 PM
GoldenEra
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splose View Post
It sounds like a spell file / base data issue. We just put some changes in that drastically improved hp syncing between the server and client.

It is hard to tell whether its those changes that are your issue or your files.
Thank you splose, I have continued to look into this a bit to hopefully move forward -

I've never updated my server before, correct me if i'm wrong but i did the following to pull down the latest:

Ran this command to pull down the latest build:
Code:
perl eqemu_server.pl windows_server_latest
^ that ran without issue and said "done"

I restarted the machine, ran the following command to check for db updates just to make sure:
Code:
perl eqemu_server.pl check_db_updates
^ that told me "No updates need to be run, setting database to binary version 9173 if not already"

I logged in and issue still persists, nuked myself a few times and I am seeing the same behavior i described in the original post.

As for the spell files - EDIT - i have tried exporting the client files, and running my EQ client with those exported files, but it did not fix my issue :(

any ideas as to what i can check next? Thanks mate!!
Old 10-02-2021, 05:10 PM
GoldenEra
Fire Beetle

edit - I've exported the client files part as described here https://docs.eqemu.io/server/categor...g-client-files
  • I ran start_export_client_files batch file
  • Copy / Pasted the exported files into my EQ client directory, launched the game with those

However even after exporting the client files, i am still seeing the same behavior - nuking myself, doing cannibalize, no spell damage is affecting my client side Hp bar and it remains at 100%, even though in the GM entity info window if i target myself it does show my HP being <100%

Seems like heals have the same problem- my HP bar does not increase client side when i heal myself, cast a lifetap, etc. But the heal is working server side and i can see my correct HP in the GM entity window.
Old 10-06-2021, 07:39 AM
Baltros101
Fire Beetle

Default Also happens with Linux Server & Ti Client

I'm seeing the same bug with Titanium client and Linux server. I logged in a cleric and, despite nuking and healing myself, my health bar doesn't update. It only updates if I zone or log. It also looks correct to other clients - I logged in a second account, targetted my cleric, and the health bar correctly updates with both nukes and heals. Only the first person UI doesn't seem to update.

Server: Ubuntu (tested with 18.04 & 20.04)
Client: Titanium
Steps:
  • Fresh install of server OS with updates applied
  • Multiverse repo added as per wiki
  • EQEmu installed via install script as per wiki
  • Export client files & set server config
  • Confirm Character:SoDClientUseSoDHPManaEnd is set to true in the rule_values table
  • Start server
  • Fresh installs of EQ Titanium on client (two installs, one for each char)
  • Set eqhost.txt & copy dbstr_us.txt & spells_us.txt from server export
  • Create two characters and log them in
  • Cleric nukes & heals themself: health bar stays at 100% for first person, but second account shows health change for both nuke and heal
  • Cleric logging out/in or crossing a zone re-syncs the bar

I also tried copying the Project1999 UI bundle to the client but the bug persisted.
Old 10-06-2021, 02:14 PM
GoldenEra
Fire Beetle

hey Baltros101 , thanks for verifying you have the same issue. From what splose said, I believe the issue may be related to these recent commits:

#1517 https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/comm...d0c57b893cec05
#1518 https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/comm...4509be11f2733a

I haven't been able to get a local dev environment working yet. I've got it to build the code in vs, but im getting application errors when the exes run due to it being pointed at the wrong dlls or something..? C++ amateur here
Old 10-06-2021, 06:01 PM
Baltros101
Fire Beetle

Yes, it looks quite likely, thanks for the links. I don't know much about C++ myself so I won't be much help with dev builds. If I had that knowledge I would probably try to do a build just before those commits to see if it works. That would tell us for sure.

I haven't looked at the perl scripts much. I might look at them tomorrow to see if there's a way to tweak the version it pulls from github to build an earlier version.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:47 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Sorry for the delay on the response on this one. Currently testing a fix
Old 10-08-2021, 10:56 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/pull/1596

Pending PR approval and merge
Old 10-09-2021, 06:54 AM
Splose
Banned

Did some basic testing.. seems to be working well.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:42 PM
GoldenEra
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Sorry for the delay on the response on this one. Currently testing a fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/pull/1596

Pending PR approval and merge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splose View Post
Did some basic testing.. seems to be working well.
I pulled latest and everything seems to be working on my end as well. TYVM Akkadius and Splose, much appreciated!!
Old 10-18-2021, 09:49 AM
Baltros101
Fire Beetle

Thanks from me also! I tried self-nuking and self-healing and both worked fine. One fringe case I noticed is that HP buffs with a heal component are syncing the HP but not the heal, but I think that's small compared to the original issue. I didn't test bards either, not sure if they were even affected though.