Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Teppen
Banned

Default 10 features Id like to see..

Here are 10 features Id like to see implemented into eqemu. Im not saying I demand this or that, just saying Id like to see these implemented. These might be too time consuming or complicated to put in, if they are then no problem.

1. Mark NPC - This ability allows the leader to place a mark to indicate a specific NPC which is visible to all members of the group.

2. NPC Health - This ability allows members of the party to see a health indicator for every nearby NPC.

3. Mark Waypoint - This ability allows the leader to place waypoints which everyone in the party can see.

4. Mark Assist Target - Allows the leader to designate a member of the party as the Main Assist. NPC targeted by the Main Assist will be clearly marked.

5. Raid Messages - Allows leader to broadcast messages to specific groups or classes in the raid.

6. Show Party on Map - Allows party members to mark their location on the map for other party members to see.

7. Inspect Buffs - Allows group members to target companions and inspect their buffs

8. Advanced NPC Info - When leader has this ability, group members get additional information when considering an NPC.

9. Find Path to PC - Allows group members to use the /path command to display a path to a targeted group member.

10. Draw Battle Plans - Allows leader to draw up battle plans on the map which are viewable to other members of the group.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:42 PM
sfisque
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppen View Post
Here are 10 features Id like to see implemented into eqemu. Im not saying I demand this or that, just saying Id like to see these implemented. These might be too time consuming or complicated to put in, if they are then no problem.

1. Mark NPC - This ability allows the leader to place a mark to indicate a specific NPC which is visible to all members of the group.
would require altering the client. just because the server "marks" a mob, doesnt mean the client knows how to do it. unless you recycle something already present like the "target rings"

Quote:
2. NPC Health - This ability allows members of the party to see a health indicator for every nearby NPC.
see 1.

Quote:
3. Mark Waypoint - This ability allows the leader to place waypoints which everyone in the party can see.
would have to use existing "placable objects or graphics (like the "find" anime). otherwise the client wont know how to draw it.

Quote:
4. Mark Assist Target - Allows the leader to designate a member of the party as the Main Assist. NPC targeted by the Main Assist will be clearly marked.

5. Raid Messages - Allows leader to broadcast messages to specific groups or classes in the raid.
already exists. its called, "make a new channel and have people join it"

Quote:
6. Show Party on Map - Allows party members to mark their location on the map for other party members to see.
see 1.

Quote:
7. Inspect Buffs - Allows group members to target companions and inspect their buffs

8. Advanced NPC Info - When leader has this ability, group members get additional information when considering an NPC.

9. Find Path to PC - Allows group members to use the /path command to display a path to a targeted group member.

10. Draw Battle Plans - Allows leader to draw up battle plans on the map which are viewable to other members of the group.
alot of things i see here are just WoW'isms. i enjoyed WoW but i dont think the eq client has the ability to do alot of these things, even if the emu is wired for it. remember, eq and eqemu are a client/server architecture. if the client wont do it, no amount of server coding will change that.

some of the things would be implementable (like #9) but i'll be the first to say that there are bajillion things i'd like to see first before we get enhancements, like charm working properly, bard songs less buggy, etc.

== sfisque
Old 07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I think everything mentioned is a part of the clients "leadership" exp panel. Pretty sure our current client supports the leadership skills, so it could be done... just can't say when.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:56 PM
sfisque
Hill Giant

ah. leadership came in after i left Live. i guess sony and blizz started stealing from each other. :-P

== sfisque
Old 07-24-2007, 02:22 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfisque View Post
sony and blizz started stealing from each other. :-P
haha now there's an understatement.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Teppen
Banned

Ya i should have mentioned these where from the leadership exp panel. I remember using them back when LDON came out. Titanium Sports this expansion and several that came later so no "altering" client code should be needed.

On another note, I was browsing source code and saw someone had layed what it looked like to be foundation code for implementing the task system, and was wondering if this is still being worked on by the dev who submitted or taken over by someone else, or has it been halted? Not sure if this is the same system that supports task quest and etc, which is also missing from emulator so I was curious.

While Im not an expert programmer, I do my part for ProjectEQ quest team and some db work. (Senzo). Just wanted to mention this before someone new that didnt know Teppen = Senzo jumps my throat with " So what have you done for the community hmm?"

Keep up the good work, its nice to see the nightly build section spitting out updates again.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:27 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I'll take a look around for tasks (if I understand what those were?) but what I am after is the LDoN functionality. I see loads of it in the source code. Trying to sort out now how to make those adventure recruiters respond, and the doorways to the dungeons themselves. I loved the LDoN concept, for quick bangin out some content/xp and going to dinner with the family. I think LDoN saved many a marraige.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:06 PM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

Golly yes! I loved LDoNs, our whole guild was based on helping people do them, my girlfriend's bard got a ton of Leadership AA's doing LDoNs which helped a ton on bigger guild events we had like raids and such. I would love to see this!

(DoD Shrouds too >.>)
Old 05-29-2008, 01:39 AM
Gonner
Fire Beetle

Just a quick update question to this. Is there any update to the Task system as used by omens thru DoN. Was looking forward to writing the quest lines for these. While I would love to see Ldon come to life I think the instancing might be an issue. But it would be nice to get the rest of the basic quests at least wrote with some final type of coding that will at least lead up to the instancing.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:28 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfisque View Post
ah. leadership came in after i left Live. i guess sony and blizz started stealing from each other. :-P

== sfisque
Leadership come out with GoD expansion. Which was like 10 month before WoW was released - so Blizzard been stealing from EQ for a while =P