Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-07-2019, 11:37 AM
Gree
Fire Beetle

Default First time installing...Now stuck

Hello fellow Eqers. Today I installed equemu install. It seems that part went ok. I read the instructions posted by Akkida, after the install and now need a kick in the ass to move. Changed name in equmu config from Akki to Peter. Launced start and then start with login. Nothing. Then I had a bright idea to open and merge the Perl folder into Equmu Server folder. It did something however Client would not open. Used elevated privileges and normal. I did not touch the ip no where. Noticed, that my config is set 127.0.0.1. If I need to insert ip, which one and where. Also eqtext should be modified too? There another tutorial that I am missing? Wanted to make server due being stuck in a wheelchair, kinda sucks and wanted to pass the time. Any hints? Or this 63 ol fart needs to give up..Titaniun and install files, again seems to be applied correctly. I am pretty sure that a retarded monkey could get going. Sometimes, I am the sharpest tool in the shed.

Thanks and flame away.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:21 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
Thanks and flame away.
This thread (below), deals with some common issues, but there is hoards of information on these forums to read through, along with the wiki, and of course, Discord chat is there to ask questions as well. I know once in awhile you will run into a "disgruntled" reply, which can sometimes be unwarranted, but people need to understand the frustration, because many of the same support questions/topics get asked over and over. In one scenario, I saw someone ask a support question within hours of another thread which had the answer he was looking for. But there seems to be an overwhelming reluctance to reading through these forums, by many. Having the initiative,(and patience) to read through these forums (and use google), there is a surplus of knowledge out there, (including "how-to's). http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42414
Old 05-08-2019, 07:28 AM
Gree
Fire Beetle

Thank Huppy and I concur. However, not to be beligerent, reading does goes for the soul. Reason I reached out is that if the installation process is first, not flaming that it be under the assumtion that it would pretty close right. I did read some posts and can verify that the installer went with out a hitch. Back to reading posts, I do read them, more today but afraid to act for the fear of breaking the positive progress I MADE. since my post yesterday installer works. All the windows were positive, Client trying update (Titnium) and I have no server windows. Ill surpass that too.
The main reason I wrote you, is to thank you for the information given. I can understand the frustration of people. Hey, thats ok. Huppy, at least can you aim me which part of forum to look. Eventually I will read all pertinant information to my "Problem".
Again thanks again for you time and patience.
Peter