Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:01 AM
Gree
Fire Beetle

Default Tutorial on eqemu .cpp files

Hello all. I have been trying to learn how to mod damage spells and things in general. I noticed that, after reading in the forums that this is done by .cpp. I looked and was wandering what I need or how hard it would be to do. I have already touched and modified Peq to a good ending. Any tutorials that can help me a bit for eqemu peq file.

As always, Thanks.
Old 05-25-2021, 02:04 PM
Thalix
Sarnak

CPP means c plus plus, better known as C++.
If you want to modify them you need to learn the C++ programming language and know how to use compiler and linker.

However, you do not need this to change spells. Spells are defined in the database table spells_new. You need to learn SQL and you need a database GUI like HeidiSQL. For more Information look here https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/categories/spells and here https://eqemu.gitbook.io/database-sc...lls/spells_new
Old 05-25-2021, 03:04 PM
Gree
Fire Beetle

Thanks Thalix for your response. Was looking now. Will study more tommorrow.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:48 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
Thanks Thalix for your response. Was looking now. Will study more tommorrow.
What Thalix said above.

Look into learning a bit of SQL (it can be a bit weird at first but once you get the trick of it you'll be zooming. and SQL truly is an art form that will have some sort of real world value.)

The only thing I would recommend is Navicat vs Heidi (Navicat is a paid software but just remember the date you downloaded and set your computer clock back and use the trial forever (I'm cheap AND lazy!).

If you are looking to get into coding I would probably start with Lua or Perl instead of C++. However if you truly wish to dive down the rabbit hole you can start your C++ journey here. <- That website is free and where I got started.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:29 AM
Gree
Fire Beetle

Thanks Splose. Looking now. Stupid health issues slow me down.....