Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:33 AM
Gree
Fire Beetle

Default West Common zone

Hello all,

Recently, not by choice, had to make a clean install. Installed all new files Eqemu and got lucky and did a Peq restore. Was farting around in Kitchor forest till I aggroed a bunch of mobbs. Zoned into West Commons and an error showed up saying that I dont have that zone int he directory. Using RoF. So I found an archive on a thumb drive and replaced 5 o 6 files that had reference to commons. Then I used Navicat and i "Rezoned" manually into 202 PoK. Tried again and still problems with Commons West. Read a few posts about how East and west were made into one and followed various instruction on repairing this inconvience. Still nothing. I decided to download the Imperium Client and now everthing works ok. My question for advice, Should I copy the common files from Imperium client and replace to "Original" EQ? I dont know if Imperium files are compatible. Or leave everything like it is. Any suggestions or advice please. I think that I covered all the bases. Did I miss anything. Using a little logic, I think I did ok. Oh forgot to say that I mainly play on my private server, which is on the list. I do dabble with the database to see if my so call mods work. Only thing I cant do "For now" is to mod like Imperium the spell mods. Having a Beastlord I would love the pet roach. But now I am 99.5 percent happy with the dedication and brains that you people have. Being in a wheelchair at 66 sucks rocks. If it wasnt for eq to pass sometime during the day....well it makes easier to pass. I thank you guys for the patience, because we ingorant people stop at any problem. I also read how to "fix" the keyboard keys to make the # work under eq, Having an Italian keybord I have to use AltGr and that sign. My workaround, installed US keyboard and now working. Some day will figure that too.

Thanks again and Happy Hunting,
Peter

Thanks,
Peter
Old 08-20-2021, 06:10 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post

Then I used Navicat and i "Rezoned" manually into 202 PoK.
Hey Gree. As for having to get your toon out of zoning situation, in the future, use your navicat, in the rule_values table, make sure the return home button is enabled and also the reuse timer, set it to 0. That way, any toon gets stuck, you can always go to character screen and hit that return home, as long as you're not bound in that same zone.

As for an RoF2 client that may be missing older zone files, (they come with older clients), but click on the link in my signature and go for tour .....
Old 08-20-2021, 10:43 AM
Gree
Fire Beetle

Thanks Huppy. Took your advice. Tables modded.

Have a great day
Old 08-20-2021, 02:07 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
Thanks Huppy. Took your advice. Tables modded.

Have a great day
You're welcome