Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-05-2021, 07:29 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default No light blue con

Anyone else run into this issue ? I'm not getting any light blue cons on mobs. Just goes so many levels at blue, then to green (or grey). It's ironic though, there was a time on live, where this behaviour was normal, until they added the light blue cons about a month before Luclin was released. (alla patch notes).

I tested this out with a fresh, clean, unedited, vanilla peq and current source code, as well as clean copies of Titanium and RoF2 and get the same issue. In Titanium, testing with level 1 mob, my toon, from levels 2-5 con blue, then green at level 6. In RoF2, I get blue con from level 2 to 6, then grey at level 7.
Old 03-05-2021, 07:43 PM
joedit
Fire Beetle

I read somewhere that you don’t see light blue con until level 25 or so?
Old 03-05-2021, 07:48 PM
Bytebait
Sarnak

I could have sworn I saw that in the Server Ruleset Rules before. I don't see it there now though.
Old 03-05-2021, 07:49 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedit View Post
I read somewhere that you don’t see light blue con until level 25 or so?
Ya, I tested out higher levels, my toon at 34 and mob at 28, same issue. If nobody else is having this problem on a fresh install, then I can start looking "outside the box" for other causes.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:46 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

I'm seeing light blue cons running my level 21 Enchanter thru Najena.
Using the latest source code commited on Mar 5, 2021.
Also sourced into my database the 'create_tables_content.sql' from the latest PEQ dump: peq-1615021214.zip (Saturday March 6th 2021)

Here's a pic (click for full-size)...

Old 03-06-2021, 10:58 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Thanks Zandig. I have no idea why something like my issue is happening. I'm not even sure when it may have started, because I've been so busy with other things on the server, never paid attention, lol

It's happening on both my linux and windows enviroments, so I can't blame anything in the OS. I've got a completely fresh db and source giving me the same issue, so it's all crazy kooky to me. My sister thinks I just have bad karma all the time, haha
Old 03-06-2021, 11:16 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

I know the feeling

Which UI are you using?
Maybe test another.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:30 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

I've always only ever used the default over the years. That's never changed.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:26 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Actually, when i think about it, I'm going to leave that little glitch in, on my Luclin server. Light blue con was added Nov 7th and Luclin expansion was released on Dec 04th, so it was close enough to keep it, haha
Old 03-07-2021, 04:51 PM
Splose
Banned

Does this rule do anything?

Character:UseOldConSystem false Setting whether the pre SoF era consider system should be used
Old 03-07-2021, 06:01 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splose View Post
Does this rule do anything?

Character:UseOldConSystem false Setting whether the pre SoF era consider system should be used
No, I tried that true and false, nothing changed. I know it's on my end somewhere, but confused with a fresh, unedited db and clean client, right off the disks doing it.

i'm not too concerned about it right now, too busy with my other stuff to waste any time on it. Just spent the day populating 70+ empty "cloth cap" merchants with correct items that I forgot about long ago, lol
Old 03-08-2021, 12:32 PM
Zandig
Hill Giant

For what's it worth it took me into the teens before I was seeing some light blue cons if I recall correctly.

For a test use the ROF2 client and set up a 21 Enchanter like in my pic. Zone into Najena and walk around near the beginning areas. You should see some light blues around. May set your mind at ease
Old 03-08-2021, 06:11 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandig View Post
For a test use the ROF2 client
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...96&postcount=4
Old 03-08-2021, 08:55 PM
Zandig
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
I realize that.
Was wondering if you would see them with my same scenario?
Old 03-08-2021, 09:24 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandig View Post
I realize that.
Was wondering if you would see them with my same scenario?
Usually, I don't get too indepth as to the amount of testing I am doing on an issue, like that post I quoted, that is only a brief example. Light blue cons would not be specific to any zone, anyways. I have tried it at different levels up to 70.

I have 6 different server projects on my desktop (all with their own server folders), so i am back and forth between them all, picking away. When i have an issue on one those, I will fire up a few of the others (one at a time) to see if it exists elsewhere. One of those 6 servers is what I call "peqraw". That one never gets edited, it strictly for downloading raw source code, compiling with a fresh db and used for testing the defaults.

I have several different clients on my desktop, (Tit, UF and Rof2). Aside from the copies I use on the edited projects, I keep clean, untouched copies as well. Any and all work I do (or have) is backed up on either discs or an external storage drive or both.

I have 113 icons on my desktop, which are all used for my projects in one form or another on a weekly basis. I know that sounds crazy, but it's not an obsession. I am retired with nothing else to do, lolol.