Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-15-2020, 02:02 AM
shardsofdalaya
Fire Beetle

Default Shards of Dalaya - New progression event starting Dec 18th

Shards of Dalaya is excited to announce our first season event! These are fresh start events designed for new and old players alike. New players can traverse the dangers of Dalaya on a level playing field along with a resurgence of experienced players looking to level fresh characters. All players can join in on the fun and earn rewards for their characters like fame and weapon skins!

We’ve just completed a massive overhaul of items from level 1-65. These changes were aimed at improving the leveling experience by making dungeon and quest items more appealing, allowing players to find powerful items as they explore the world of Dalaya. These items will play a large role in the season event, giving fresh players more power than they’ve ever had before.

The first seasonal event will run for three months, and will focus on content from before our Ikisith expansion. We invite you to join us when the event launches on Friday, December 18 at 4 PM Eastern/1 PM Pacific/10 PM Central Europe!

You can learn more about the specifics of the season event on our official forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Shards of Dalaya is a community driven emulated Everquest server which focuses on creating an experience similar to Everquest Live while providing an all new adventure. We have taken the best parts of Everquest and integrated them with entirely new lore and content. Over our eighteen years of development, our volunteer staff has hand-made thousands of quests, NPCs, and zones.

**Server Features**
• New season events!
• Regular content patches.
• Two box limit
• Zero tolerance for MQ2 and other cheats.
• Dual mode login server; Register an SoD account or use your existing EQEmu login account
• 18 years of completely custom content spanning levels 1-65, designed to maintain the classic Everquest feel while providing all new adventures.
• We’ve repurposed many original Everquest zones, giving most new names and connections.
• Treasure maps allow a group to dig for treasure out in the world, essentially creating an instant mini-dungeon at the map’s location.
• Thousands of hand-made quests and strategic fights.
• Over 400 raid bosses split between 6, 12, and 18-player encounters.
• More than 2,000 craftable items spread across 10 tradeskills!
• Bind on Equip items function similarly to Attunable items, but can be unequipped (for a fee based on vendor cost) and then sold to other players.
• Any Bind on Equip item is Pristine when looted, a status which grants it a 10% bonus to its values and a 10% decrease in weapon delay! This bonus is only for the character who looted it.
• You will not lose experience when you die. A percentage-based experience debt is acquired (to a maximum of 100%.) The same amount of debt is gained for each death, no matter how many times you may die in a row.
• Your corpse contains only your experience debt. Resurrections restore a percentage of this debt. No corpse runs here!

Learn more about Shards of Dalaya from our discord server or our official website.
Old 12-15-2020, 09:57 AM
Splose
Banned

This is one of the best custom servers ever created. I'm glad to see there is still work going into it.

I do wish they would increase their box limit but I know it'll never happen.
Old 12-16-2020, 02:36 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

I have a lot of respect for this server, because it sets precedence, not only for the timeless custom work they put into it, but being one of the longest running servers in the history of Emu. It really does help set an example for those players who have difficulty finding a reliable server that won't run away on them, (just like a recent discussion on that topic, in another thread), but out of the several established servers on that list, each one has it's own aquired taste for individual players looking for something to suit their own needs. some "want their cake and eat it too", but there will never be a server that will keep everyone happy. Too much of this, or not enough of that, etc.

I like mustard on a burger and I like cheese on a burger, but never together. But if a burger was good enough, even if i had to take it with both mustard and cheese, I would take that, over a crappy burger. Get it ?
Old 12-17-2020, 07:20 PM
Xabob
Discordant

This'll be fun.
[12:38] <RangerDown> I watched Napoleon Dynamite the other day
[12:39] <Xabob> omg
[12:39] <Xabob> want me to shoot you now?
[12:39] <RangerDown> and the first words out of my mouth at the start were:
[12:39] <RangerDown> Hey I bet Rog looks like that

Old 12-21-2020, 04:06 PM
Chrysocome
Fire Beetle

this has been really fun. the server feels so alive.